CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

8th February 2012, 00:36
err...and happy new year to you too, Ambler!
31 of 57  -   Report This Post

rosalind

8th February 2012, 12:11
WOW Thea, you OK?
32 of 57  -   Report This Post

pastille

8th February 2012, 12:20
That crafty Usuruu may use my stuff carefully. (12)
33 of 57  -   Report This Post

pastille

8th February 2012, 12:25
To begin with that's unbelievably sneaky using friends realty under corrupt terms Utter arrogance really. Yes!(12)
34 of 57  -   Report This Post

peterm

8th February 2012, 15:14
Lessee, perhaps, values future security an organisation provides? I leave nest, rejected. (12)
35 of 57  -   Report This Post

les40

8th February 2012, 20:41
Evening all,

Well, what a mixture, I think I owe it to you to give some feedback on the diversity of clues.
AB & Francis - nice and concise, AQER & peterm had excellent anagrams with extractions, aristo made me smile, Paul & ixion used "usury" well, lovely anagram with container from Lionheart and Greedy kite's was a literary marvel, jws is happy with his use of "actuary", well done, Pastille's was good, but just not risque enough for me now sweetpea, I think THEA has been on the communion wine again, Torquie is just too angry and needs to get a grip, Phillip was in the running because when I googled "Yusuf Tucura", it only had one hit which made it a "Googlewhack" which I would have been really impressed with, but no such person as "Yusuf Tucura" so that one lost him the baton. I really liked HelenB's, but the word "use" for U's is read in the wrong pronunciation within the sentence syntax, so it just didn't quite work.
So, the winner I have chosen for excellent snippets of hidden wordplay and no mistakes within the smooth run of the clue gist and sentence fluidity is Bullfrog. (it took me a while to get the ry(e)= little grass)

"BULLFROG" is this weeks winner!

I've been teaching a friend the basics of understanding cryptic clues and the wordplay involved and he said "It's like learning another language"
Which made me think of this prize to hopefully make you chuckle
If you are finding it difficult to understand what this totally sane man - NOT! is saying, then please consult THEAMBLER RE: Posts 29+30 for a full and comprehesive translation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKX5Jh2ruho
36 of 57  -   Report This Post

ixion

8th February 2012, 20:47
Clever clue Bullfrog, well done.
37 of 57  -   Report This Post

lionheart

8th February 2012, 20:55
Nicely done Bullfrog...Congrats!
38 of 57  -   Report This Post

les40

8th February 2012, 20:56
Forgot to mention that Bullfrog's winning clue is post 17.
39 of 57  -   Report This Post

francis

8th February 2012, 20:56
Congratulations Bullrog. You dealt intelligently with a difficult clue.
40 of 57  -   Report This Post