CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT 6

magworth

1st February 2012, 09:27
Ps. Re 20 ac, the `fool` was in Twelfth Night -
five letters starting with F. The remaining letters give `look`. M.
11 of 31  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st February 2012, 09:53
Good morning all
I had no access to my computer from last evening until now but pleased to say I managed to get the Scottish one last night.
I originally put canines for dog/tooth, but had doubts as that was plural and the clue called for singular. Now all done.
Minus 1c here and brain needs warming up.
All the best for your stay at the Super Grand Hotel, Mr pipesmoker. Will be thinking of you.
J
12 of 31  -   Report This Post

magworth

1st February 2012, 10:03
Hi Jazzgirl. I expect you`ve got `ac now -it`s an anagram of `marry if in`. I`ve got 23ac, now I`ve freed my mind from its fixation on `case the joint`. Best wishes to papesmoker. M.
13 of 31  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st February 2012, 10:14
hi Magworth
It was 16a which was my last-but-one to solve. Then, like chris, I remembered the canine friend of D***** the M***** !
Off to get some coffee.
J

14 of 31  -   Report This Post

sloopjohnb

1st February 2012, 14:32
Finished at last after a late, slow start. Thanks for all the hints here. I really needed them for 8A, 20A and 14D (ugh). 1D was the last to fall - I have obviously lived too sheltered a life!
15 of 31  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st February 2012, 14:48
hi sloopjohnb
re 1down, I remembered this word from "Porridge" with Ronnie Barker. It was only known as tobacco in this house!
16 of 31  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

2nd February 2012, 11:58
It's good to be back and I feel obliged to apologise for my absence. That was hard work and I have to thank Jazzgirl for her last post because the answer was eluding me until I saw her mention of 'Porridge' and the penny dropped ...

I am determined to win this crossword in 2012 as I could do with another means of recording from the television[s]! This week's prize would be ideal so, if it's alright with all of you, I'll have this one...

Keep well and keep warm.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
17 of 31  -   Report This Post

mondrian

2nd February 2012, 16:53
Glad to see you back with us Caravaggio. I was about to send out an SOS!

Thoughts with you Pipesmoker. Maybe by the time you read this you will be back from SGH.
Also best wishes to Old gal and Navigator.

I found this very difficult. For the first day I could only get two!! Am now stuck on five - Downs 1, 4 and 5; Acrosses 11 and 12. I think the latter two may be anagrams.
18 of 31  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd February 2012, 17:00
Good to hear from you both, caravaggio and Mondrian.
1d (slang for tobacco) think of the 2-letter symbol for tin
4d another word for hood. Last 3 letters is a bird.
5d anagram of the first two words + two-letter symbol for iron
11a is a French Palace
12a another word for "trial".
anagram of "boat oar in"+ 3-letter word for "be nosey"
Hope this is not too confusing.
Best wishes
J
19 of 31  -   Report This Post

mondrian

2nd February 2012, 17:14
Thank you Jazzgirl for the French Palace. I had been trying to make a word out of `evil palace` with no success. Also thank you for my welcome back. Have been very remiss in posting recently as the computers in my usual Library are not working properly and I cannot access Google.

Hope Mr Pipesmoker you are now safely back from SGH and feeling better. Also good health to Old Gal and Navigator.

Also hope we are all keeping warm. I see from Weather Forecast that we are to get the surplus snow from Finland where my son lives but I am hoping it is not in such abundance as it is there.
20 of 31  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 6