CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonyw

28th December 2011, 18:05
So the fun has gone.
If these sort of replies continue I'm out.
61 of 95  -   Report This Post

jamoza

28th December 2011, 18:10
I'm INN for a trip to the virtual pub too. I'm buying the first round, as long as RAMBLER and BULLFROG aren't both having bitter!!! We can have a few drinks, then a sing-song - perhaps we could start with "Should auld acquaintance be forgot....."
62 of 95  -   Report This Post

theambler

28th December 2011, 18:12
Hi All
Just to let you know (setters, settlers , setters abouters, up or down setters,)
ALL MY CLUES ARE PERFECTLY STRAITFORWARD
B U T FIENDISHLY C R Y P T I C !!!!!!!!!
Just to warn you.
No you dont need a ****** Gaelic Thesaurus)
Lots and lots of Love a nd XXXXX
THEA
63 of 95  -   Report This Post

rambler

28th December 2011, 18:13
Thanks, Bullfrog. I'm glad that you have brought that up. At the time, rightly or wrongly, I felt that my win was not popular and I did not have the heart to set the next week's competition. It's true that I did not intend to come back but I've braved you all and done so. I know very well that some of you have not forgiven me but I can't turn the clock back. I remember how kind ixion was at the time and how nasty you were. Time has only confirmed my early impressions.
64 of 95  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

28th December 2011, 18:14
tonyw, stick around and come to the virtual pub with us. What are you having?
65 of 95  -   Report This Post

blue moon

28th December 2011, 18:15
Quiet children please, I have just got back from the pub and had already made my decision.

May I say a big thank-you to all who have contributed, it's given me a lot of pleasure trying to work out some of the clues. Some I would never have got (eg. pauls post with today in Spain, thanks for the explanation, way too deep for me)

Unfortunately I have to pick a winner, but would like to mention a few runners up.

I liked ABs reference to Sean Connery but wouldn't like to pick it as it may well be his last

I also liked pastilles,so logical yet cryptic.

I enjoyed the complimentary tour of Scottish villages by THEA.

My final choice though was split between two canny references to Scotland THEAs "Dated Jan 2nd" and Bullfrogs mispelling of home.

In the end I plumped for Bullfrog.

Here is your prize, well split in two, they made me smile hope it's likewise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Hx_X84LC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Hx_X84LC0

Amazing what a few pints do to your vocabulary.

Happy New Year to all.
66 of 95  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

28th December 2011, 18:20
good evening! I suggest,apart from getting in the drinks, we all forget the hot air . I must say I found the clue in question not at all difficult to solve immediately, but then perhaps I'm just perverted.Why not get on with the judging, and accept the decision,whichever way it turns out. In my opinion it can only ever be at least partly subjective. And i wouldn't like anyone to drop out.Remember the festive spirit,bury all the hatchets,get out the old peace pipe and let's all have one long smoke (with the drinks of course)!A pacifist.
67 of 95  -   Report This Post

rambler

28th December 2011, 18:20
Congrats, Bullfrog.
68 of 95  -   Report This Post

ab

28th December 2011, 18:21
Congratulations, Bullfrog.
69 of 95  -   Report This Post

blue moon

28th December 2011, 18:22
I was doing so well but cocked up at the last moment, thats beer for you.

Heres your second bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw
70 of 95  -   Report This Post