CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bullfrog

22nd December 2011, 01:08
Congratulations blue moon. I read the brief, thought of the Cliff Richard angle, ran through the submissions so far to make sure that no one else had come up with the same idea, worked out a clue (deliberating just too long over whether to make it a 'cheesy' air before settling on 'festive'), only to submit it to find that you'd beaten me to the punch! Ah well, onwards and upwards!
51 of 75  -   Report This Post

blue moon

22nd December 2011, 09:06
A belated thank you peterm, couldn't get on the site last night for some reason.To think I won against such talented people, best Christmas present ever.

Like many of you I dont like the sickly song and used to cringe when I heard it, from now on though I will just think of my prize and smile.

I hope I can stay sober enough to set it next week.

Thank You all and a very Merry Christmas

52 of 75  -   Report This Post

blue moon

22nd December 2011, 09:17
ps Bullfrog I was thinking along the same lines as Wendy (mistle thrush) for some time, then it just came to me in a flash. I must have read your mind, sorry.
53 of 75  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd December 2011, 21:38
Well done blue moon
54 of 75  -   Report This Post

theambler

22nd December 2011, 23:07
HI all including TREVOR!!!!!
The opening page specifically calls for a CRYPTIC clue.
I didnt see any crypt in Bluemoons entry.
A cryptic clue ought to be solvable by any english speaker. If not its probably a local in-house reference or amusing aside!!!
But this is my opinion ( and maybe only mine)
However I hope we dont start IGNORING each other.
We never ignored you TREVOR
PAX,GLORIA,HOSANNA,AMEN
THEA
55 of 75  -   Report This Post

phillip

23rd December 2011, 00:41
You can't fault Theambler's logic. Perhaps the preamble should be changed. Cryptic is not a word that necessarily applies is it.
56 of 75  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd December 2011, 00:46
TheA
y R u b(not yang ON THE radio) suCH AN ARse?

The opening page specifically says,
"The judge’s decision is FINAL(reasons MAY or may NOT BE GIVEn at the judge’s discretion)."

...blue moon GAVE a nice cryptic clue, won it fair AND square..

if a cryptic clue ought to be solvable by any english speaker,rather THAN being a LOCAL in-house reference or aN AMUSing ASIDE, why do we need Access to a specific VERSION of the fucking bible TO solVE some Of yours?

as for "We never ignored you trevor" - who didn't? and can you TELL ME THe names of the peoPLE WHo did?

love as always. trevor.

btw. do YOU have any rhyME OR REAson in your use of caPS?

57 of 75  -   Report This Post

phillip

23rd December 2011, 00:57
Calm down trevor. Thea expressed a personal opinion. It does not matter whether he is right or wrong. It's just an opinion. His bible thing is no more a load of bullshit than clue train (or whatever it's called: I've forgotten already). You could as easily say that Ixion's and jolan's clues are just a load of bollocks. but they are not, anymore than Thea's are.
Allow Thea to express an opinion without trying to make him look like an arsehole.
58 of 75  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd December 2011, 01:14
ixion, jolan etc don't post on each-others threads in such a negative/i know best, manner.
my last word tonight is, enjoy!
59 of 75  -   Report This Post

phillip

23rd December 2011, 01:30
trevor, Thea is unique isn't he. Gawd knows how much effort goes into his Thingies. But it must be a lot. I repeat, his basic point that the word "cryptic" is redundant is surely beyond doubt. Why can't he say that without being abused.
60 of 75  -   Report This Post