CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

therogue

30th November 2011, 12:11
Chinese take-away managers?
31 of 66  -   Report This Post

rambler

30th November 2011, 13:14
Barnsley speciality bamboos?
32 of 66  -   Report This Post

jamoza

30th November 2011, 13:39
Prepare fire, then waltz briefly.
33 of 66  -   Report This Post

lionheart

30th November 2011, 14:45
Drunken chicken wielders' ditty (10)
34 of 66  -   Report This Post

peterm

30th November 2011, 17:16
Not quite the mega-response of last week, but healthy nonetheless and oozing with quality. FRANCIS got the ball rolling in fine style with his witty spoonerism (I’m surprised there weren’t more) and I particularly enjoyed the entries from Wendy, phillip and greedy kite and the clever anagrams from paul and aristophanes.

Honourable Mentions go to tonyw for “Produce kindling for oriental utensils” and THEAMBLER for “Church work on gums for rice handlers”.

But the Star Prize this week goes to jamoza with “Prepare fire, then waltz briefly”. Nicely succinct. And, ignoramus that I am, I learnt something in the bargain, namely that Chopsticks (the musical version anyway) was a waltz.

So well done to everyone for entering and congratulations jamoza. The prize this week is a rather striking, shadowy number: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPERVDVHAr4 Hope you enjoy it.
35 of 66  -   Report This Post

jws

30th November 2011, 17:28
Well done to jamoza and peterm. Nice prize
36 of 66  -   Report This Post

ixion

30th November 2011, 17:35
Congratulations, excellent winning clue and runner up...the elephant impersonation I know isn't as classy as that one peterm.
37 of 66  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th November 2011, 17:39
Congratulations, jamoza, and thanks, peterm. Actually, I thought this word was rather difficult to clue (note the similar takes on it). Re the prize: How impressive is it for several dancers to create the silouette of an elephant? I know a number of people who could handle it solo.
38 of 66  -   Report This Post

andyc

30th November 2011, 17:42
Well done jamoza.
39 of 66  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th November 2011, 17:44
I'm usually not this careless; I misspelled silhouette! Good thing I wasn't cluing it.
40 of 66  -   Report This Post