CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

therogue

24th November 2011, 11:39
Well done peterm!
81 of 88  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th November 2011, 17:11
It occurred to me that I hadn't checked out the Hellene's prizes this past week, and when I saw the second one I simply had to comment. I am a Rhode Islander by birth, and live a stone's throw from the smallest state with the longest name (State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, the Island part referring to Aquidneck, on which the over-the-top city of Newport is located), birthplace of the architecturally thrilling Quonset hut and itself a measure of greatness (Great Britain, for example, is equal to 77.84 Rhode Islands); in fact I'm writing from there. As you may know, Family Guy is set in the fictional (Cranford-like) town of Quahog, RI, which is named after the key ingredient of an exquisite chowder (excellent with RI jonnycake) and the source of wampum, which was used for bartering with a sort of spiritual dimension by our native people but transformed into mere currency by You Guys. Anyway, I was rather surprised (shocked, in fact!) to find that the Hellene views this coarse offering that so misrepresents those whom I consider my peeps. No wonder he thinks we all have bottoms with (as he puts it) their "own gravitational field". Hmph!
82 of 88  -   Report This Post

ixion

26th November 2011, 17:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPzFfoXOm1s

I rest my case m'lud!
83 of 88  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th November 2011, 18:09
And I rest mine!
84 of 88  -   Report This Post

ixion

26th November 2011, 18:40
Seth MacFarlane has got a lot to answer for..and he's not even from R.I.!
85 of 88  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th November 2011, 19:51
I know. We don't watch it, but my son thinks it's hilarious. My wife works with McFarlane's cousin and she can't believe she's never seen it. Coincidentally, my wife grew up in the same little RI town as Danny Smith, the show's producer, writer, and voice actor- went to school and church with him, and he's apparently the reason the show's set there. RIers are known for their funky accent, and one day McFarlane said to Danny, "Where are you FROM anyway?" and came up with the idea of Quahog, RI.
86 of 88  -   Report This Post

pastille

26th November 2011, 20:17
Just needed to say...my daughter nagged me in to watching "family guy", and I'm so glad she did...we both then nagged my other half...he is also now a fan.

It is hilarious, do yourself a favour Mr A.and watch a few.

Irreverent and so politically incorrect!

Hope you have recovered from Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Do you carry pepper-spray?
87 of 88  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th November 2011, 20:30
Good Lord, pastille, you really do get all our unsavory news, don't you? I HATE shopping, but my wife went out at around 6am for a couple of hours (I see the receipts appearing in my e-mail; she might as well be wearing a tracking device; in fact I've toyed with the idea of setting up a map with pushpins, like the one under London in WWII). Truly, we're not all that loony- just most of us.
88 of 88  -   Report This Post