CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT47

mondrian

17th November 2011, 15:40
Hello all. You`ve got on well this week O Gal - well done and knitting as too!

I am stuck on two little ones, as usual. 18D `cover man in scenery` and 22A `Small part of shelter beside hospital`. For the latter I have -E-T-. I am sure they are very obvious to everyoine except me!!
21 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th November 2011, 15:43
Hello Mondrian
18d "He" is the man. The whole word is a cover.
22 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th November 2011, 15:44
22a small part is a fraction
23 of 28  -   Report This Post

mish

17th November 2011, 20:27
Thank you- I was stuck on 22a too!
Hope all are well, and doing ok- I may not be a prolific poster, but I do catch up here every week.
24 of 28  -   Report This Post

wee jock

18th November 2011, 17:15
HOWDY FOLKS
HOPE ALL ARE WELL OUT THERE

BAH ! This is the third time I've had my message swept away from under my nose so I'm
losing the notion to continue.
However I was just saying how I enjoyed this
RT47 much better than prievious weeks.Back to the old standard(and comp[iler perhaps) with lots of neat and witty clues,not obscure and not terribly difficult yet not easy either(for me anyway).Compliments to compiler.
CARAVAGGIO.There's no shame in using your anagram solver thiingy any more than my use of various reference books eg Chamber's and other dictionaries,Roget's thesaurus,Maltin's and Halliwell's film guides and of course,our Penguin TV companion
to name but a few.Every one to their own way.
I need the unscrambling if anagrams as extra exercising of me brains(that is aassuming that I've got any)
JAZZGIRL.Thanks for noticing my very late entry to the Forum lastweek.I felt I was talking into empty space.Thank you.
OLDGAL,PIPE SMOKER,NAVIGATOR and all who are poorly. Best of Health and be of good cheer.

NUFF SAID THE NOO
WEE JOCK
25 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th November 2011, 18:34
Hello Mish and welcome.

Wee Jock.... Following your query re lack of some wild birds, there are quite a few pairs of swans and coots here, but have not seen the moorhens for a month. One blue tit was making an early inspection of my bird box in the garden, ready for the Spring. I hope she will decide to take up residence.
Old gal, I have a feeling you are doing really well with this week's RT. Is there a John Lewis store near you? They have a lovely selection of soft wools in stock right now.
Off to get dinner.
J
26 of 28  -   Report This Post

mondrian

19th November 2011, 10:35
Jazzgirl. Thank you for both bits of help. I`ve finished now. Also I have to say I secretly accepted help for that Wiltshire/Bond movie thing earlier in the week. Would never have got it otherwise.

Yet another nice day here in Strathclyde - I can hardly believe it.

O Gal hope you enjoy The Killing tonight. Is your jumper going to be red like Sarah`s?
27 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th November 2011, 10:58
Hello Mondrian
I knew that some day the legend of my Wiltshire roots would come in handy!
Gloriously sunny here and I am off to do some more leaf-raking.
Have a good weekend all
J
28 of 28  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT47