CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT47

pipesmoker

15th November 2011, 22:12
Thanks, Jazzgirl. This is a completely new one to me. I hope the term is used in a complimentary fashion when applied to you.

Gypsygirl. I can well sympathise with you for the non delivery of your RT. When this happens to me, I have to be restrained from chasing the postman up the street, and demanding that he empties out his bag to prove that he hasn't just ignored my delivery.

Best wishes to all.

P
11 of 28  -   Report This Post

magworth

16th November 2011, 08:13
Old Gal. I hope you can get some soft wool - Sarah`s jumper looked really scratchy ! I too am glad to see The Killing is bck. Best wishes M.
12 of 28  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

16th November 2011, 18:22
Evenin' All I trust we are all as well as poss. RT seemes back to normal after last week - I'm also looking forward to the Killing, although I only saw the US version of the first series - the original Season 1 dvd is on my Christmas list.
Only struggling with 21ac this week - if my answer is correct I can't account for the last 2 letters, assuming the first 7 are an anagram. Can anyone explain please?
13 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th November 2011, 18:56
Just checking-in. I've not been on the forum much today, but saw your message Mrs Trellis re 21a.
It is an anagram of "rode the" plus 2 letters at the end for the wild animal.
It is not a word I am familiar with, but is an alternative name for a non-conformist.
14 of 28  -   Report This Post

gypsygirl

16th November 2011, 19:00
Thanks for the sympathy Pipesmoker, was standing by ready to mug him today but all OK. Can now get the brain cells exercising but will no doubt spend the evening thinking it is Tuesday.GG
15 of 28  -   Report This Post

magworth

16th November 2011, 19:08
Mrs Trellis. The compiler is a bit odd calling the animal `wild`. I`d say it was domesticated!
M.
16 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th November 2011, 19:11
My mistake Magworth. I now see the "wild" simply means anagram. And that just leaves animal. Sorry for confusion.
17 of 28  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

16th November 2011, 19:43
Thanks jazzgirl and Magworth - I had an 'n' as the last letter, instead of what should be there. It made another unusual word which in my mind was possibly correct, but now I see why I couldn't make the whole clue work (this tends to happen when you have the wrong answer!)
Thanks again.
18 of 28  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

16th November 2011, 20:46
Good evening all,

I've just finished the crossword in double-quick time and you can decided whether I was cheating or not. If I can see that, say, three words form an anagram am I cheating if I use the Universal Anagram Solver site? Instead of bashing my brains out, writing all the letters in a circle, am I wrong to use a resource which will provide me with answer quickly? Answers on a postcard to...

With all good wishes and particularly to those who aren't well at this time,

Caravaggio
19 of 28  -   Report This Post

butterfly

17th November 2011, 00:21
Hi all - made good progress today for a change and finally finished it in record time thanks to Magworth. Liked 13d and 4d.
20 of 28  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT47