CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

10th November 2011, 00:30
aroonie...after a pointer from ixion, I have convinced myself that the sound is of "a tiddle winking"

3 parts to the "sound"

The initial wink/tiddle-the tiddle/wink hitting the plastic thingy and then the sound of the tiddle/wink landing in a plastic recepticle.

But if I was right...what the hell has it got to do with the clues???

Rest...40 winks???

anyway good luck!

p@
21 of 36  -   Report This Post

paul

10th November 2011, 09:34
where can we hear this sound?
22 of 36  -   Report This Post

gina

10th November 2011, 10:16
This is a strange puzzle! Only thing I can come up with is - breaking a Kit Kat bar!
'Take A Break - (steal) Take A Kit Kat'
Grasp it with both hands.Has legs (cat) Not good, will be interested in solution...
23 of 36  -   Report This Post

helenb

10th November 2011, 10:30
There was a link (if that's what it's called) which, if clicked on, allowed the mystery sound to be heard. I heard it and thought about it overnight, but cannot find the link this morning to have another listen, I thought it MIGHT be a snooker ball being hit (break, table legs, can't fit in the rest of the clues though)
24 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

10th November 2011, 10:41
yes - the link has been removed!!! (was it from commercial radio?).
my last thought was that it sounded like someone opening a can of drink with one of the old ring-pulls - the ones that came off completely - and then dropping it onto a hard surface.
i can't square that with the clues tho.
i have the sound somewhere, i'll try and post it later.
25 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

10th November 2011, 11:18

bernie

10th November 2011, 11:24
It works trev, have'nt a clue what it is!
27 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

10th November 2011, 11:28
ta Bernie - i just have to know the answer to this - hope Arooni stays in touch.
28 of 36  -   Report This Post

paul

10th November 2011, 12:04
Thanks Trevor, can't seem to open this though!
29 of 36  -   Report This Post

andyc

10th November 2011, 12:06
I can open it Trevor. It sounds like a pick up arm being unable to lift off a record that has finished!
30 of 36  -   Report This Post