CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

suki

25th October 2011, 13:47
Well done teenieleak - another quiz bites the dust
91 of 100  -   Report This Post

rinkleez

25th October 2011, 15:33
I've just got 6 to do - and finding them really difficult. Can anyone be kind enough to give me a few pointers as how to find the answers to numbers 32, 47, 59,67, 70, 71 ? Many thanks in advance.
92 of 100  -   Report This Post

keenquizzer

25th October 2011, 16:34
The setter will soon be able to see how the quiz gets ruined just like the equally brilliant and for an equally good cause Rainbow
93 of 100  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

25th October 2011, 16:47
I don't think little pointers ruin the quiz but giving a list of answers definitely would. Also, if you've been struggling with something for a month and can't get a little help to finish it I suspect you wouldn't bother paying your £2 for the next one, which is of course the point of the exercise.
94 of 100  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

25th October 2011, 16:56
rinkleez,59 the actress is not a modern one. What do you use on line? 67 Think of other meanings for the first word. 70 the clue is back to front. Can't think of clues for the others without giving too much away.
95 of 100  -   Report This Post

quo_fan’s_mum_zowie

25th October 2011, 17:26
May I please remind everyone of Mamya's wise words in posts 59 & 60 of this thread?
96 of 100  -   Report This Post

rinkleez

26th October 2011, 11:34
Many thanks, teenieleak, you've given me new inspiration.
97 of 100  -   Report This Post

trina

26th October 2011, 14:59
I cannot see the reason for all the fuss about whether clues should or should not be given. If you don't want clues, such as in the Rainbow series, then don't visit that link. These are charity quizzes and the object surely is to raise as much money as possible. Without a little help, people who have not solved many clues might not think it worth sending in their entry, and as the quizzes are supposed to be enjoyhable and the prize is drawn at random, what is the problem?
98 of 100  -   Report This Post

keenquizzer

26th October 2011, 15:52
For Rainbow you pay on entry or a lot of people do.
This one people paid up front so there is nothing wrong with blanks
Anyway thats not my problem what I dont get is why some members of this site in my opinion seem so keen not to spoil it when they spoil loads of other quizzes
99 of 100  -   Report This Post

pastille

26th October 2011, 19:04
Still 4 to go...brain in meltdown.

Keen Quizzer...if it is"obviously" a charity quiz, I tend to ignore, as not to cause a fuss.

But, yes, I have given answers to ones that probably are competitions.

As I have said before, in general people like to help if they can and would not think to attempt a "Spanish Inquisition" before they do.

Take care

p@

100 of 100  -   Report This Post