CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rusty

19th September 2011, 01:35
trevor, get your thinking cap on! Your opinion of me, I care not a jot for. This thread should NOT exist. THAT is my point! The first two or three posts are inane drivel and not a damned thing to to with a crossword. And here we go again!
21 of 34  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th September 2011, 01:54
lol, calm down Rusty,

a thread called
"Message to pastille not crossword related"
makes things pretty clear.

why were you so keen to leap into a conversation that obviously was not supposed to involve you (you were the 1st) and why be spiteful?

this "gossip" thread won't work unless you keep it on the front page (maybe Ash could make a sticky?).
22 of 34  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th September 2011, 03:52
ps. miles davis,chet baker and i reckon amy winehouse? - what about ronnie laws?
23 of 34  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th September 2011, 08:50
Must agree with the comments that this thread was clearly marked 'not about crosswords', I don't see how that detracts from the pleasure of people who only want to discuss crosswords. I don't like the sports pages but I don't stop reading a newspaper because of them, or throw out my tv because of Jeremy Kyle. Crosswords are the glue of the site, but a bit of banter is its lifeblood.
24 of 34  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

19th September 2011, 08:52
How much clearer ccould I have made the title? Gossip would not have worked, as it wasn't gossip, but a personal message to pastille, and as it was the only way of reaching her it was clearly marked. Rusty you are a hypocrite, going off subject ok as long as it's something you enjoy is obviously acceptable. if this site is not being run to your likings or your own little set of rules then go forth and multiply. Maybe if me and pastille and a few others REALLY make an effort - you might just do that.
25 of 34  -   Report This Post

magworth

19th September 2011, 12:07
crosswords have been invaded by cross words :)
26 of 34  -   Report This Post

19th September 2011, 12:22
Thank Magworth for making me laugh!
27 of 34  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

19th September 2011, 12:46
I had a Corgi called Rusty. He got me into trouble by peeing on a wheelchair while the occupant was still sitting in it.
28 of 34  -   Report This Post

wendy

19th September 2011, 12:52
Tee hee - am having a laugh at one of the adverts which was at the bottom of last thread. It was advertising something like " teach children how to compile their own crossowrds" which interested me as our Grandson is 6. Had to giggle a bit when I clicked on the advert which said:

"Education Discount - Get 25% Off!
Teachers, parents, students, home schoolers, and religious
educators who are purchasing this product with their own money
qualify for a 25% discount!"

What do I do. Do I really need to confess to being a closet Buddist priest? I'm often a Rabbi on Saturdays but not sure who to be today!
29 of 34  -   Report This Post

19th September 2011, 12:59
Pipesmoker - love the post! WEndy thank you also for making me laugh, and Mrs Trellis, good points, well made.
30 of 34  -   Report This Post