CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bunty

17th September 2011, 10:23
14a pi men to (16d is oflag not gulag)
5d is dead SPIT

Got my own query now too - I thought it was an anagram rather than an actual quote of Hamlet's mother!
11 of 21  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

17th September 2011, 10:27
Thanks Bunty. If you mean my reply to liz, it was about the Tarantino one, not Hamlet's mother. I'd love to see someone's reaction coming in on the middle of one of these threads - what jibberish!
12 of 21  -   Report This Post

badvest

17th September 2011, 10:38
Mrs Trellis

You have.

Pi is religious
you are looking foe something that is spicy
13 of 21  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

17th September 2011, 10:55
Dear "STATESCHOOLDROPOUT":I notice we are both capable of laughing at ourselves,but the fact is,can't you keep your pseudo-inferiority complex out of the discussion,just as I keep (as you would probably think)my superiority complex out of it,too?I was just pointing out ironically (if only you knew how much I have always despised many aspects of Oxford & Cambridge life)that I was surprised the suffix appears neither in the Oxford Concise nor Chambers,for instance (didn't google).There is enough venom on this Forum without adding yours.And I can "help myself" very well,thanks.Must you (mis-)judge contributors on the strength of one "aside"?In my humble opinion that's only proof of your obviously very real arrogance.So let's get back to crosswords,as many have urged here in the past,and repress the cross words.They were quite superfluous.Amen.From someone who learned genuine humility in his childhood.
14 of 21  -   Report This Post

mistley

17th September 2011, 11:32
Well said greedykite.

BTW, your posts would be much easier to read if you used the spacebar after your punctuation marks! (like this).
15 of 21  -   Report This Post

stateschooldropout

17th September 2011, 11:39
Excellent greedykite, I'm glad it struck home. I have only one more thing to say and then I shall never be heard of again - and I shan't re-open this thread, so your reply will be like peeing in the wind. I just ask you to look honestly at yourself and note how many times per day/week you 'ironically' mention the fact that you were at Cambridge. Look out for it in others too - it's hilarious. So now, farewell forever.
16 of 21  -   Report This Post

chummy mummy

17th September 2011, 11:54
Poet's epitaph had me struggling for ages.
Tip - anagram.
17 of 21  -   Report This Post

phillip

17th September 2011, 13:22
Somebody has supported greedy kite so I'll support stateschooldropout.

If these arrogant pompous and pretentious people are so bloody clever why can they so rarely complete (or understand the answers) without the help of others.
18 of 21  -   Report This Post

joeybgood

17th September 2011, 15:02
I'm with Phillip and Stateschooldropout on this one. Why do they always say "When I was at Oxford/Cambridge", whereas everyone else just says, "when I was at uni". I even saw one introduced on Only Connect as 'Cambridge Graduate', while all the other contestants were introduced by job title. Perhaps succeeding at a (very dodgy) selection procedure at the age of 18 is the pinnacle of their life and it's all downhill from there. Btw Phillip, I loved your posts during an earlier thread where certain regulars were having a ludicrous rant at you, and you just stood back and let them tie themselves in knots. To paraphrase you at one point, "you couldn't make it up". Genius.
19 of 21  -   Report This Post

liz

18th September 2011, 09:15
Thanks for your help - managed to get it finished this morning, so time to get back to reality.
20 of 21  -   Report This Post