CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

11th September 2011, 22:29
Les40 that is amazing!
21 of 29  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th September 2011, 22:37
Les40
sorry about your old man,this quiz is quite fun.

i used to enjoy the crosswords that you used to set, can we expect any more?
22 of 29  -   Report This Post

les40

11th September 2011, 22:45
Hello sallyw,

I thought it a fitting tribute as he was the one who got me addicted to cryptic crosswords when I was a teenager. I remember when he won the Mephisto and the Saturday Times quite close together and I was amazed at how he worked out the clues, and here I am doing the same now.
I think the prize for the Mephisto then was £10 or £20, but the Sat Times was an impressive gold pen inlaid with Lapis Lazuli.
23 of 29  -   Report This Post

les40

11th September 2011, 22:47
No problem trevor,

I will post one this week if you want, I thought that people had lost interest in my crosswords
24 of 29  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

11th September 2011, 23:27
Trevor, you are quite correct. In question 71, somehow the missing 'a' was removed by accident after I'd had my quiz proof-read! Thank you for pointing it out, and apologies to all.....
25 of 29  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

12th September 2011, 09:04
Hi MacMillanQuizzer, Mistakes happen even in the most professional areas (see this month's Guardian crossword blog for proof of this - although the Grauniad probably isn't the best example!)Your quiz clues are clever and well thought-out, I hope you're nearing your target.
Les40, sorry to hear of your loss, well done for keeping busy - I'm going to have a go at the crossword you've posted.
26 of 29  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

12th September 2011, 09:27
Thanks, Mrs Trellis. You are very kind.

Q71 now reads "Clara Ali – puffed-out athlete. (5,9)".

Your answer is correct anyway. I'll email the correction to everyone who has bought the quiz with the correction.
27 of 29  -   Report This Post

trevor

12th September 2011, 16:05
MacMillanQuizzer, i feel like a bit of a heel for pointing in out.
i'm enjoying the quiz a lot - i had to force myself to stop last night and nearly missed the shops.
hope you reach your target and then some.
all the best.
28 of 29  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

12th September 2011, 22:36
Trevor, No worries. I hope you enjoy completing it.
Les40, I've just printed off your crossword and look forward to tackling it early tomorrow morning. Thanks.
29 of 29  -   Report This Post