CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

molly

6th September 2011, 20:52
The answer is an anagram and the clue part is scampi though you may wish to think more langoustines
11 of 45  -   Report This Post

navigator

6th September 2011, 22:00
Thankyou for your kind thoughts,Barrycat,
sallyw and LAINEY. The friendship I have found on this thread is something to treasure. The crossword chat is good too!!!
Best wishes,
N
12 of 45  -   Report This Post

wee jock

6th September 2011, 22:13
HOWDY FOLKS

Sorry to hear of your health problems,NAVIGATOR, and hope your course of treament is not too stressfull.Best of luck.

Now RT37,what a delightfull task it was.Not difficult,but nearly every clue had a clever
or witty twist to it.I was slightly stumped by 14a,Idid'nt know that SCAMPI had a connection with that Irish stretch of water but the anagram told be it must be so.
I liked 21a and 22a and others too numerous to mention.
I am surprised that more of you crossword enthusiasts are not familliar with the tv presenter at 12a,who is on ,I think, on her third series of the mind stretching program
O*** C****** on BBC4 on Monday evenings and
Iam in love with her! WATCH IT!

NUFF SAID
BEST REGARDS TO ALL
WEE JOCK
13 of 45  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th September 2011, 22:18
WeeJock...who are you in love with?

R.T. did not arrive today...with no excuse of a public holiday...I will just have to wait and see.

Warmest thought Navigator...

p@
14 of 45  -   Report This Post

navigator

7th September 2011, 09:22
Thankyou, WeeJock and pastille.
A bit of research reveals that the scampi
is not fished in that Irish stretch of water but off the North West coast of Scotland.
Regards,
N
15 of 45  -   Report This Post

mondrian

7th September 2011, 12:17
Finished this Xword in one afternoon (yesterday) which suited as I had to stay in owing to the rainy and blustery conditions. To do The RT xword in one sitting is a first for me! Last to solve was 1D and when I got it thought it clever. Like others I do not see what 2D has to do with concrete.

All the very best to you Navigator with your treatment. I had noticed your absence a week or two ago and was pleased to see your post for last week and rather assumed that all was well for you. But I see now wrongly. Anyway good luck.
16 of 45  -   Report This Post

navigator

7th September 2011, 14:01
Hi Mondrian,
Thanks for your kind thoughts.
You'll see from my post 6 that the
2d concrete consumed the best part
of my afternoon yesterday!
Regards,
N
17 of 45  -   Report This Post

chris4food

7th September 2011, 14:20
Hello, All, it's been a while since I logged on and what a palaver it was, too!!
Welcome back Navigator, I'd noticed your absence I thought you'd given up due to some of the undesirable elements who've been invading this forum....... Anyway, good luck with you treatment and best wishes for renewed good health.
I thought this week's was okay - did it in one sitting [just over an hour] - but was stumped on the tv presenter - never heard of her, although I'd got the answer without the benefit of the RT - just needed to confirm it!!!
I'd struggled to see the sense of 2d, but it was the only answer that fit!
Some of the answers were witty, some good, and some enigmatic........ bit like the curate's egg....
I, too, really like this forum...
Best wishes to you all
Chris
18 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th September 2011, 14:24
Hello all
I picked up my RT this morning and have almost finished it except for 18D.
It is always the short words that cause me the most problems. Off to get a coffee and maybe it will suddenly become clear.
Bye for now
J
19 of 45  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

7th September 2011, 15:13
HI, Navigator. So sorry to hear that you have joined the ranks of the 'no weel'. I hope your treatment is quickly effective, and that you head to a speedy recovery. It is good to know that advances in science and medicine mean that Doctors can now do much more than they could in previous generations.

Best wishes.

P.

Crossword only arrived this morning, so a much later than usual start (spent much of Tuesday moaning about the injustice of having my routine upset by this). I am still thinking about 18 down. Otherwise it is ready to post.

Hope all are well. Best wishes to old gal and other sufferers.

P
20 of 45  -   Report This Post