CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

16th August 2011, 16:49
Never seen it before but because of the twerp Hugger, just thought I'd drop in.

Dearie dearie me! Such hard questions! Lord only knows how I'd cope. Here's one from a few mins ago

Set fire to vessel in outskirts of Beirut(5) b?r?t

Really sophisticated eh?

NOT!

(In fact, it's a lousy clue anyway!) One can only wonder whether the local cryptic is compiled by Tiger Tim!!!
1 of 44  -   Report This Post

chelle

16th August 2011, 16:51
that's rather snobbish of you wendy

there are all types post on AB.

At least it doesn't have the troll problem that puts me off this site
2 of 44  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

16th August 2011, 16:55
Wendy it wasn't Hugger that was the twerp, they just asked for assistance, then iamme popped up with her "charming turns of phrase", followed by Clement.Then rover started yapping, then the joyless Phillip, and finally, the icing on the metaphorical cup cake - Judith, who has taken to stalking me on this site. I have promised Matron that I will ignore Judith from now on, in the sincere hope that she'll go away, and I suspect it may be Answerbanks trolls taking a holiday. how are you any way?
3 of 44  -   Report This Post

charlie

16th August 2011, 16:59
You really are a prize idiot Wendy. You could as easily pluck any number of postings off here that are even more childlike in their simplicity.
4 of 44  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th August 2011, 16:59
Girls: Can I poke my nose in here .I just got back from the doc and started new pills so maybe my brain is befuddled, but I just clicked on the link shown in the "hugger" thread. (Sorry if this is getting up Matron's nose, but at least this is a new thread.) Is it only me that can see the answers to the Q's on AB or have I lost the plot of the whole argument thingy? I know you have to scroll down to the answers quite a way, but they are there (I haven't checked all)
I use both sites, this one in particular, as I feel I know everyone now, but I do trot across to "the other side" occasinally, and I know that some others from this site post there. There is nothing wrong in that. Am I forgiven? :0)
5 of 44  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th August 2011, 17:01
*occasionally !
6 of 44  -   Report This Post

anna

16th August 2011, 17:02
Please more crosswords and less cross words!
7 of 44  -   Report This Post

wendy

16th August 2011, 17:02
sallyw, of course it wasn't hugger, I made a "human error" - that was the first name I recalled from the thread. Thanks for pointing it out and BIG APOLOGIES to Hugger!!!

I'm fine ta, apart from having our local news in Jersey swamped by the multiple death of a 6-person stabbing incident over the weekend. In Jersey, the island is in shock!

Am also quite worried about you, you seemed to have been online in the VERY wee small hours last night. Was it the medication?
8 of 44  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

16th August 2011, 17:05
Thanks Wendy fro drawing her off. And jazzgirl , I know that Answerbank can be very useful, nmy only point was that on the occasions where I have used the search feature to see if there may have been a posting on a particular crossword, I have never found an answer. Maybe if i posted a question on there I might well get a response, but purely from using their search facility i have never had any luck. So nothing to forgive really just a certain person has quite deliberately I feel, decided to get hold of the wrong end of the stick and pursue a vendetta. I can't do anything now, as I promised Matron I would ignore her, but it's really hard to ignore someone who seems to be stalking me.
9 of 44  -   Report This Post

charlie

16th August 2011, 17:05
That's what I've been saying Jazzgirl; the answers are there. Contrary to what sallyw says.
10 of 44  -   Report This Post