CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

11th August 2011, 19:22
ps. Sammy,you say 'I read the first couple of lines'.
say no more!
21 of 42  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

11th August 2011, 19:24
trevor - that is my point. If you are going to make a comment on any post at least read it before you do.
22 of 42  -   Report This Post

terry as was

11th August 2011, 19:27
Steady on now,sallyw,
We must not let facts or what was actually said get in the way of our opinions. Specially when we are talking bollocks.
23 of 42  -   Report This Post

11th August 2011, 19:28
Oops got carried away there!
24 of 42  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th August 2011, 19:31
terry - lol,the bullshit is well and truly cut.
25 of 42  -   Report This Post

cazzer2

11th August 2011, 20:57
sallyw you ask how do I know? because Ive known the family all my life, so perhaps its forgivable to lose ones sense of humour when very decent people are being unfairly vilified even if its half in jest. Of course I see the irony of the piece, and I did read the whole thing. I agree bullingdon antics extremely distasteful and Im sure he regrets it enormously. But we all get drunk and do stupid things at some point dont we? And lets be clear, parenting is not the easiest job in the world - however hard we try not to, we will all make mistakes - and our children probably will too. Does anyone really think its funny to make out that the Cameron parents are to blame for the current state of politics in this country? Or the financial mess the world is in? I just thought the tone of the letter was unfairly nasty, and there might be more helpful ways of thinking about the situation in this country. Anyway - I agree probably best to stick to crosswords from now on! as Im sure we all have different opinions as to why the country and the world are in such a mess and what we think should be done about it.
26 of 42  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th August 2011, 21:16
'Im sure he regrets it enormously. But we all get drunk and do stupid things at some point dont we?'

27 of 42  -   Report This Post

terry as was

11th August 2011, 21:37
Do you think looters will laugh at the irony of it if the police kick their door in looking for plasma tvs.
28 of 42  -   Report This Post

terry as was

11th August 2011, 21:40
one last thing. have they really thought through the idea of evicting looters from their homes. Is putting them on the street what we want?
29 of 42  -   Report This Post

11th August 2011, 22:52
Fair comment cazzer2, but satire, by it's very nature can be cruel, but I still think that the point made is valid.
30 of 42  -   Report This Post