CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

old gal

15th August 2011, 15:11
POW! ZAP! YOWEE!! Had a brainstorm (anything rather than tackle the vacuuming...) and have finished all but 2. The elusive 19d and 8d - never watch reality shows so am on a loser here! Hope someone reads this to see how clever I am - well, clever for me! Oh poo! Have to do the vacuuming now.....
31 of 40  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th August 2011, 15:25
HI, old gal, Well done. 8 down, isn't actually a reality show. It is about the lot who don't live in Buckingham Palace, although, I am sure they are equally engaging.

19 down. Well, if you think about the people who provide music at a wedding, and then shove in R (for king) somewhere, you will come up with the answer.

Enjoy your holiday.

P
32 of 40  -   Report This Post

teapot

15th August 2011, 23:00
Hello all. I absolutely hated this one and I couldn't do loads of clues and, even when I did some, I didn't like them. Maybe my head isn't on straight this week.
Glad ozzie visit wasn't too bad, Old Gal. Bit of a wait now though. You come over as quite resilient and your head is obviously on straight, so one up on me! Keep it up.
Hadn't realised, Pipesmoker, that you had a medical problem. I must have missed something while the head was on a previous spin. All the best to you too. Fruit and ice-cream has just arrived for supper courtesy of my lovely husband who assures me that ice-cream is good for the brain. Wonderful. I believe everything he tells me.
33 of 40  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

16th August 2011, 11:16
Hi, Teapot.

Thanks for your concern. Yes, I have a thing called Chronic Inflammatory Demyelenating Polyneuropathy. CIDP for short. It is kept under control by infusion of 1.5 litres of stuff called Immunoglobulin every six weeks, at a cost to the tax payer of about £5000 per visit. God bless the tax payer and the NHS.

Still it isn't catching.

Better far to sit near me-a
Than near a man with diarrhoea.

Have a lovely day.

P
34 of 40  -   Report This Post

soloman

18th August 2011, 11:40
Only one to finish. I think I know the solution to 9a but can't think what it has to do with either soap or suds.
35 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th August 2011, 12:01
Hello Soloman
in the words "soap suds" you use every other letter starting with O then P etc. to give the answer.
I am new to cryptics, but I understand that "regularly" is the term used for this.
36 of 40  -   Report This Post

soloman

19th August 2011, 11:13
Many thanks Jazzgirl.

That is completely new to me.
37 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th August 2011, 11:16
Soloman. pleased to be of help.
I still have a lot to learn, but am finding cryptic puzzles fun
38 of 40  -   Report This Post

mondrian

19th August 2011, 14:50
How many times does one have to validate oneself on this site? This is my second attempt to post. Also, in case I have to do it again, is there any easier way of accessing the validation site instead of typing out ALL those numbers yet again? I am extremely ignorant of computer matters and dont know how to put those numbers onto a browser (or even what a browser is). Help anyone!!!

Old gal, glad to hear you got reasonable news at hospital on Monday. But now you do seem to have a long wait for op.

Pipesmoker, sorry to hear you have such a complicated illness but glad to know the SGH can assist.

Now crosswords - I read the earlier posts and got some much needed help. Thank you.
But, I still cannot get 14D "Sweetheart" thing or 3D even with your "asp" help, also the cockney slang thing about china.

It is good to see we have some new contributors, welcome one and all.
39 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th August 2011, 15:33
Hello Mondrian and all
re the new system, once you have been sent the email and activated the link, you should be able to just log-in as you did previously, i.e. with your username and password.
Will give a clue or two in a few moments
40 of 40  -   Report This Post