CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

11th August 2011, 08:21

I had problems with the French wine too, but have now completed it all and can get on with some gardening :)
11 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th August 2011, 08:25
Charlotte - I will re-write previous answer. Mark is the main clue. Group is another word for musicians, King just one letter.
12 of 40  -   Report This Post

mondrian

11th August 2011, 16:57
Old gal - you never, ever sound like a `sad old git`. Glad to know you are feeling better and energetic. It is always nice to have finished a good houseclean. When I do I always think that will `do` me for weeks!! Some hope!

Glad to see you back with us Caravaggio and Nimrod.

I`m finding this crossword very difficult - bottom left hand corner in particular. Has our compiler suddenly got an obsession about explosive devices? Karen, thanks for the help about the previous missile clue - the penny did eventually drop.
13 of 40  -   Report This Post

charlotte

11th August 2011, 19:14
Big H and jazzgirl

Many thanks for your help with additional clues.
Got it finished now!

Charlotte
14 of 40  -   Report This Post

deekay

12th August 2011, 08:58
As usual, I'm stuck with a last part of the puzzle - two clues elude me this week - 12a and 4d.
Somebody help me with the reference to 'Alexis' - is this another part of modern culture I'm not in tune with?
And what is the relevance of the 'syrian capital'?
Thank you in advance.
Deekay
15 of 40  -   Report This Post

cantersue

12th August 2011, 09:43
Alexis was a character in an old American series "Dynasty" played by actress with initials J. C.. Hope this helps and doesn't give too much away.
16 of 40  -   Report This Post

cantersue

12th August 2011, 09:49
Syrian capital is the letter 'S' which starts off the answer followed by a word meaning still in existance.
17 of 40  -   Report This Post

deekay

12th August 2011, 10:15
Hi Cantersue

Thanks for the help. I had vaguely considered the Dynasty connection but rejected it as being too old - I should have thought about it a bit more - it's obvious now! That also with your help gave me 4d.

Thanks once more.
18 of 40  -   Report This Post

old gal

12th August 2011, 21:44
Mondrian - so pleased to read you are finding this week's xword difficult!!! Everyone else seemed to find it easy so daren't say I was struggling..... Thanks Cantersue for the two hints you gave - have now got 2 more filled in! Big sigh!!!! Can anyone see the meteor shower yet or it is too overcast!
19 of 40  -   Report This Post

butterfly

13th August 2011, 23:01
Hi everyone. Long time since I've posted anything, health not been up to much for a while now but I do look in occasionally. Seems things have changed a bit with having to log in now. Anyway just stuck on 2d - think I know what it is but would like some help please to clarify. Otherwise quite a good set of clues this week. Glad to hear that you're feeling better Old Gal - keep it up.
20 of 40  -   Report This Post