CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

saki

7th August 2011, 10:39
Wendy,
I think Bernie was being ironic. He used "kabish" in his earlier post, then implied that he didn't "understand" that it means understand. That's the way it came across to me.
41 of 50  -   Report This Post

paul

7th August 2011, 15:41
For greedy kite;

J'espere que vous avez bien dormi!

Naja; Ihre Meinung war genau was Ich gemeint hatte! Fur mich es ist immer etwas um zu feiern wenn (besonders) jemand aus Blighty ein kleine versucht macht nicht nur in den typische bequem (-lich? -ste?)Britische Heimgemeinstatt (just made that one up..)bleibt! Jetzt wunsche Ich wirklich dass ich mehr Aufmerksamkeit zu meine Lehrerin bezahlt hatte! Tschuss, Paul.
42 of 50  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

7th August 2011, 15:45
For Paul translation courtesy of Google - and I think you'll agree that it captured the spirit of your message! Well, your opinion was exactly what I meant! For me it's always something to celebrate when making (especially) someone from Blighty one small attempt not only comfortable in the typical (-Lich?-Ste?) British home communities instead (just made ​​that one up.) Stays! Now I really wish that I had paid more attention to my teacher! Tschuss,
43 of 50  -   Report This Post

paul

7th August 2011, 16:01
For Sally; Not bad! my point was I always celebrate when one of us Brita makes the effort to break through our comfort zone, no matter how perfunctorily, where we expect everyone else to speak English and we make no effort to reach them..,

PS maybe "kabish?" was CAPICE? - the Italian equivalent of COMPRENDE?

keep well, Paul
44 of 50  -   Report This Post

paul

7th August 2011, 16:07
....I mean CAPISCE?!
45 of 50  -   Report This Post

tonyw

7th August 2011, 16:30
I've just got home from lunch and noticed joker's reply to what is "kabish". Nice one joker,I had some at the Savoy recently.
46 of 50  -   Report This Post

7th August 2011, 16:30
Cheers Paul, how's the family? Have you found a name for the little one yet?
47 of 50  -   Report This Post

wendy

7th August 2011, 16:32
Paul, that's exactly what I thought but perhaps didn't explain it properly. Capisce?
48 of 50  -   Report This Post

paul

7th August 2011, 21:44
Hi Sal! Still no news....

Hi Wendy! My bad - I didn't see your post!

I'll make it up by telling you an Italian joke... see new thread.

regards, Paul
49 of 50  -   Report This Post

8th August 2011, 04:16
Hi Paul - thanks for the update and the joke.
50 of 50  -   Report This Post