CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

22nd July 2011, 20:33
Thanks Wendy. We have had torrential rain here in South Wales with humid sunny intervals. I find damp weather doesn't help at all. Haven't seen mamya post for a little while so maybe she is knitting a superpond.
11 of 39  -   Report This Post

wendy

22nd July 2011, 20:46
Clementine (at post 2) has a point. Should we have a new thread entitled something like:

GENERAL CHAT (not necessarily about Crosswords)

This may please Trigger and a few others who have passed comments that we don't stick to crosswords. My Apostrophe thread was one such, for which I apologise.

Pastille, this is your thread (or fred) if you want to, perhaps start a new one with a heading which'll make it quite clear it's a chat thread.

Just a suggestion....?
12 of 39  -   Report This Post

22nd July 2011, 20:55
To be fair Wendy if you have a quick scan of a post such as this it is pretty obvious that it isn't about crosswords or clues, and if people don't like the fact then they don't have to either read it or respond. Or maybe if we go off grid as it were we should put in brackets "this is not about crosswords" to make it perfectly clear! I like the fact that we can chat about other things on here, including apostrophes and the use of. It's like sitting down with friends and "chewing the fat" as the Americans would say.
13 of 39  -   Report This Post

wendy

22nd July 2011, 21:23
Sallyw,

Of course you're right and I totally agree. What I really don't understand is why we have so few posters these past few weeks. I can't think it's because of the Registration process but perhaps I'm wrong (my husband would tell you that's highly unlikely!!)

There's so much wrong about this website, it's difficult to know where to begin. For one thing it's hard to try to remember exactly what the person before you said - I usually have to open a new tab (not very technical) so than I can remember a person's name if it's difficult. There are no actual threads, no search facility and I go on and on ad infinitum.

Ash's phone number is easily found - who's going to volunteer to explain how much better this Forum could be. We have a brilliant "hard core" of members and I'm sure he could easily make much more of this site and therefore gain loads more advertising.

Terry (as was or as is!!) and Trevor, Tonyw, AJT, Sallyw, Pastille, Mamya, Pipesmoker et al...

WHO'S UP FOR IT THEN?? WHO'S GOING TO PHONE ASH??
14 of 39  -   Report This Post

wendy

22nd July 2011, 21:24
...and I hate the fact that if we make a type we can't go back and change it!!
15 of 39  -   Report This Post

wendy

22nd July 2011, 21:26
...and that was supposed to say "a typo".

'Nuff said!

16 of 39  -   Report This Post

iamme

22nd July 2011, 21:30
if you are all bored will you answer me a totally unrelated crossword question?
17 of 39  -   Report This Post

22nd July 2011, 21:34
Ask away iamme and I'm sure someone will be able to help.
18 of 39  -   Report This Post

tonyw

22nd July 2011, 21:34
I think that this is a bad idea.What we need is a different Web site or forum.One would have to give their real E-mail address, so it would not be accessible to all,and then be sent a confirmation so it can be accessed .As long as a forum is open to all ,then anybody can abuse it.
Perhaps Ash is willing to set up a new site, but it would cost us all money.Maybe £5 per month to start with and a chance to have a share of the profits?
19 of 39  -   Report This Post

iamme

22nd July 2011, 21:36
who is spongebob square pants crustacean apprentice?
20 of 39  -   Report This Post