CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

10th July 2011, 01:02
Lol teapot x
21 of 38  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th July 2011, 10:54
It seems that I wasn't the only one to find this a bit tricky. That is reassuring.

Teapot, that is simply Murphy's way of saying, 'You went away without my permission'.

Welcome home.
22 of 38  -   Report This Post

molly

10th July 2011, 12:33
I am so glad I'm not the only one struggling!
Hints needed, obviously no direct answers as everyone will be upset...
21a -is the answer a Japanese coin? It sort of fits but then I can't have a y in 14d (6th letter).
Hope this makes sense to those of you who are so clever to have finished this!
23 of 38  -   Report This Post

charlies human

10th July 2011, 12:34
Good Morning All - Sunday morning, and I've only just had an opportunity to join the conversation. First things first: Logging In. Never had to do that before. It was always straight into the thread and then either add a reply or start a new thread. I never registered, but have now, and wonder whether this change in format is to keep track of those who might be abusive?
So, to the Crossword, which I would bet my back teeth was not set by our usual setter. I've hardly got to grips with it but realise that extra brainpower may be called for.
And finally, Old Gal. Good on ya, Gal. it's very tough indeed being ill, which is something only known by those who have been. Love and blessings to you and your daughter, and once again, hang in there; you seem to be doing remarkably well under the circumstances. CH
24 of 38  -   Report This Post

karen

10th July 2011, 13:18
Afternoon Molly, re 21ac is another name for a desk starts B (for black) 6th letter 14d is E, Coin bit sounds like currency use on the other side of the Channel(and other countries). Hope that helps.Best Karen
25 of 38  -   Report This Post

karen

10th July 2011, 13:24
Ta for your congrats to my daughter Wee Jock...I'll pass them on.
Old gal good luck with your ongoing treatment this coming week,and hope your having a restful weekend. Best Karenx
26 of 38  -   Report This Post

molly

10th July 2011, 13:50
Thanks Karen. Got that one (Easy with help!) So 14d has nothing to do with paralysis?
27 of 38  -   Report This Post

karen

10th July 2011, 13:58
Hi molly 14d is anagram o 'yelpas'+cat (animal).
Can't say its a word that's part of day to day usage,for me anyway!
Best Karen
28 of 38  -   Report This Post

molly

10th July 2011, 13:58
Just got 14d! About half finished back later for more help no doubt.
29 of 38  -   Report This Post

karen

10th July 2011, 14:00
We seem to have posted at the same time molly!Glad you got it.
30 of 38  -   Report This Post