CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

7th July 2011, 17:18
Hi Old gal, hope you will be feeling better this coming Saturday than you were last. How many weeks left do you have for the treatments? Keep thinking of you. All the best.

With regard to 18A, it is an anagram of `as BBC murder` Meanwhile I am stuck on the other BBC clue ie 12A. I have every second letter but still cannot figure it out. Otherwise finished with the usual amount of difficulty.

We seem to have lost some of our contributors. I wonder if some have had difficulty with resetting their password, like I did. I had to type in the given words and all the numbers in the topmost place where the www goes (I am sure it has a name but I do not know it). I was then able to change my password to a more easily remembered word. Now all seems to be well and I am even welcomed!!
11 of 38  -   Report This Post

pastille

7th July 2011, 17:39
Hi all,

I am going to attempt a clue for 12a...

Think of an old film starring Anthony Perkins, then add the continental word for a house/bungalow, nearly...meaning change the last letter.

Reading that back...I think I may have confused you even more.

take care,

p@
12 of 38  -   Report This Post

pastille

7th July 2011, 17:40
Sorry, just noticed that Karen had already given a clue!!!
13 of 38  -   Report This Post

mondrian

7th July 2011, 17:48
Thanks Karen and Pastille. Also apologies to Karen, just noticed you had already given the clue for 18A.
14 of 38  -   Report This Post

bees

8th July 2011, 20:36
Phew! No one asked for an alternative clue for 10A. That could have been nasty.
15 of 38  -   Report This Post

karen

8th July 2011, 21:19
Evening all.
Hi Bees, I got 10ac by looking up my old,and falling to bits thesaurus,when it dawned thought it quite a clever clue.
Good to hear from you Wee Jock 10x's to you too!
P.S. Forgot to mention,daughter passed her Masters degree in physics,so off to her graduation later this month!
Best to all Karenx
16 of 38  -   Report This Post

wee jock

9th July 2011, 00:57
Howday Folks

10ac alternative clue: Speed then slow up to
players,say(8)

Karen; Congrats to your brilliant daughter on
gaining her Masters. How could she be
other with the smart cookie she's got
for a Mum!
Old GAL: Keep your chin up

NUFF SAID
0XX
WJ

17 of 38  -   Report This Post

wee jock

9th July 2011, 09:12
OOPS!

My alternative clue for 10ac should read:

Speed then slow up for players,say,of this world.

SORRY
WJ
18 of 38  -   Report This Post

teapot

9th July 2011, 23:49
Just got back from Orkney (flipping 'eck, what a wonderful place).Airports don't sell the RT. How silly of them. Hope there are some left tomorrow in local shops.
Just logged on to see how Old Gal was doing. Sorry you are having downers,but I'm sure that is perfectly natural coz you are poorly and the treatment is a bit of a ******but let's hope it will be worth going through it and that you will come out ok at the other end. Daughter sounds like my son - they love us really! bless! Wishing you well.
How lovely to get home and be greeted by 'the black blob' - Murphy the cat - who has been sick on two beds, a chair and a cushion.One of his names is UFO. Usless Furry Object.
19 of 38  -   Report This Post

teapot

9th July 2011, 23:52
OOPS! Useless, not usless.He's not usless, coz we are here now.
20 of 38  -   Report This Post