CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

duke

28th June 2011, 18:05
Thank you sallyw I'll give it a try but might be back for more assistance. Some very kind and helpful people on this site
41 of 60  -   Report This Post

paul

28th June 2011, 22:59
Hi Guys. Are you saying nobody else came come in with the same name?

Also; Yesterday system recognised me without my having to log in. Not today. Can the auto function please be restored?

Ash? Anybody?

42 of 60  -   Report This Post

mamya

28th June 2011, 23:01
It seems if you close the page, then you have to log in when you return, I just keep the page open in a tab and look in every now and then.
43 of 60  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

28th June 2011, 23:23
paul, when I used the forum yesterday morning I didn't have to register. When I went to use it later on theregistration thing had come into force. If you shut down your computer you need to log in next time. Hopefully it wil get rid of some of the trolls, but also will mean that if someone is reported it will be easier to block them.
44 of 60  -   Report This Post

paul

28th June 2011, 23:27
Hi Sal! I started another thread to try to alert the regulars to jump in and prevent any passing off. Now you will always know who it is who you're talking to. 'Snuff said!
45 of 60  -   Report This Post

trevor

28th June 2011, 23:37
yes - paul, or Paul, or even pAuL is now a name exclusive to you on this forum.i think.

i wonder what happens if you edit your name (to Saul,for instance). Would the name 'Paul' then become available?

best wishes,
tremor.

46 of 60  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

28th June 2011, 23:39
Hi Paul! Spotted your thread, think this is a real improvement, can't wait for the promised search facility as it will make it so much easier to find previous posts relating to a query, Nice to know that Ash has taken on board the requests people have made, and it can only improve the site.
47 of 60  -   Report This Post

paul

28th June 2011, 23:44
Hi Trevor; Won't be going walkies in Syria anytime soon!

Sal; I called Ash 2 weeks ago and also suggested he puat a "last" button on the post list to make it easier to get to end of long posts, he's considering it.
He's played a blinder here though!
48 of 60  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th June 2011, 23:55
sallyw, help! What and why would anyone need a "search facility" for? I am fairly new to this computing lark and am just a tad bewildered by the expression. If you choose to reply could you possibly put it in 6 year old speak please, as my IT learning curve has just begun!
49 of 60  -   Report This Post

paul

29th June 2011, 00:00
Hi Chald;

The search should allow you to look up any thread instead of trawling through.

Regards

Paul
50 of 60  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » log on