CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw

15th June 2011, 21:49
Hi Tim, I think inorganic is the right answer, but still doesn't fit with answers given to 15ac. Thought that I had been given the correct answer - venality was one, voracity was another, but doesn't fit with the answer to 5 dn which I have as chestnut. I'm sure that inorganic is correct though.
21 of 31  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th June 2011, 21:53
Hi trevor. Remeber the post, and the only reason I didn't post the clues was I thought that tonyw was doing the crossword and had the answer (crossed wires). still looking for the correct answer to 15 across!
22 of 31  -   Report This Post

tgi paul

15th June 2011, 21:55
15ac = CUPIDITY

Stupidity (folly) minus ST (saint gives way) + C (constant) = desire for money
23 of 31  -   Report This Post

boltonian

15th June 2011, 21:56
INORGANIC is spot on.
For 15 across, "folly" is STUPIDITY, take out saint (ST) and substitute with constant (C) and you get CUPIDITY which, amongst other things, is a hunger for money.
24 of 31  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th June 2011, 22:03
Thank you both - excellent answer!
25 of 31  -   Report This Post

trevor

15th June 2011, 22:18
sallyw.
hope you didn't think i was having a go at you.
just trying to explain Stevie' motive,(quite a good clue i thought - STupidity > Cupidity)but Henry Kissinger i aint so in future i'll butt out.

ps. liked your Clueless clue,Judith,peterm and loads more were sooo good. i think they get better every week.
26 of 31  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th June 2011, 22:23
trevor - I never for one moment thought you were having a go at me and stevie was actually quite right in what she or he said, just the context was erroneous. Cupidity was a brillian answer and a very clever clue - totally foxed me. I must try to chill out a little bit!
27 of 31  -   Report This Post

chald

15th June 2011, 23:52
Sally, tgiPaul is correct, the answer is cupidity. stevie is plainly a shit stirrer, a nasty small minded one at that, and has probably never solved a crossword in his puff. I'd suggest you ignore the clown.
28 of 31  -   Report This Post

pastille

15th June 2011, 23:57
Chald,

I think you are a hunnybunny!

p@ x
29 of 31  -   Report This Post

chald

16th June 2011, 00:05
Well, so do I pastille, but I may be a wee bit biased! x
30 of 31  -   Report This Post