CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

stevie

15th June 2011, 19:56
I do know the answer. But you are so objectionable that I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
11 of 31  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th June 2011, 20:18
HI, Sallyw, Not sure if I am on the right lines, but voracity is greed. Also thought of insanity. If we could form an anagram from yen for desire and money, and saint, there might be an answer in there.

Best wishes meantime,

P
12 of 31  -   Report This Post

stevie

15th June 2011, 20:24
Ok, I know you'll never get your self.
Venality. Do you want me to explain it.
13 of 31  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th June 2011, 20:52
Cheers tonyw, thank you Pipesmoker and thank you stevie. I appreciate your help. Oh and there's no need for profanity, but thanks anyway.
14 of 31  -   Report This Post

stevie

15th June 2011, 21:04
I can't win can I. You criticise me for not being colourful enough when insulting you and now you criticise me when I do step it up a bit.
When you get a bit more experience of actually doing crosswords as opposed to talking about them (or ranting in your case)you'll appreciate that it is important to give the clue and number of letters. It doesn't help though if the letters you already have are wrong.

I trust you were able to work out why the answer is what it is. No. That's what I thought.

Have a nice day.
15 of 31  -   Report This Post

judith

15th June 2011, 21:13
Now that this silly girl has so effectively shot herself in the foot can we not now stop.
16 of 31  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th June 2011, 21:26
Seriously stevie, I really did appreciate your help, it was one of those clues that as soon as I saw the answer I thought doh! and I really do appreciate your help. I think that it's time that we all buried the hatchet (Judith too), preferably not in each others heads! xx
17 of 31  -   Report This Post

tim

15th June 2011, 21:37
On the subject of 15a I've got the 4th letter as an a if 'inorganic' is right for 16d (anagram of 'origin can').
18 of 31  -   Report This Post

tim

15th June 2011, 21:39
Ooops meant to say an 'i'!
19 of 31  -   Report This Post

trevor

15th June 2011, 21:41
SallyW,
you might have missed a thread a week or two ago when somebody suggested that anyone asking for a reply with sod all info be greeted with the phrase - 'No clue,no letters,no help.'

i think Stevie may have read it and tried it. hope all your hatchets are buried.

20 of 31  -   Report This Post