CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

6th June 2011, 17:57
15a. M)or dec(ai.
11 of 25  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

6th June 2011, 18:03
Again, Terry, you have the superior brain. I was looking at Mars being the French month. Never thought of Mai. Guess the remaining one will be earful.

Thanks again. I will tell the Holy Father about you and Chald, next time he is in Millport.

Best wishes.

P
12 of 25  -   Report This Post

the joker

6th June 2011, 20:06
Pipesmoker
I think you are getting ideas above your station in distributing Papal blessings to all and sundry.
Better tell Mrs.P to have a quiet word with you to keep you right.
TJ
13 of 25  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

6th June 2011, 21:57
Hi, Joker,

Guilty as charged. I stand chastised. I hope Mrs P doesn't get excommunicated.

P.
14 of 25  -   Report This Post

the joker

6th June 2011, 22:33
Don't think that excommunication is on the cards for Mrs.P.
With what she has to contend with,more likely to be awarded the "Order of St. Gregory the Great"
15 of 25  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

7th June 2011, 09:09
Hi, Joker. She would like that. Guess I've just blown my chances of being one of very few non RCs to be awarded the honour.

P
16 of 25  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

18th June 2011, 00:05
Thank you, Chald and Terry. The Catholic Herald prize dropped through the letter box this morning. Not only that, but there was also a prize from the Catholic Observer. I've won them both before, but never two on the same day.

For sake of propriety, and perhaps just a wee bit of shyness, they were both submitted in Mrs P's name.

Thank you both for your help.

A special thank you too, to The Joker, for not snitching on me for offering Papal Blessings in return for any help offered.

One prize was a book called Morality and War, and the other was a book about St Clare of Assisi. One day, I will learn to read, and perhaps enjoy them. In the meantime, I am sure that Mrs P will read them from cover to cover.

Best wishes to all

P
17 of 25  -   Report This Post

trevor

18th June 2011, 00:10
Congratulations you old reprobate.;-)
18 of 25  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

18th June 2011, 00:14
Thanks, Trevor. I'll try not to be too smug. Neither will my two recent winnings of £2.50 from the Lottery change my life style. I'll continue to be a miserable old sod.

P.
19 of 25  -   Report This Post

the joker

18th June 2011, 04:41
A cautionary word to you Pipesmoker from your non snitching friend.

From little seeds grow mighty trees.

From dispensing Papal Blessings in Millport for gain,who knows what.....

Remember the Reformation.We don't want a repeat of that now,do we...?!!

TJ
20 of 25  -   Report This Post