CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonyw

19th May 2011, 20:01
Hello all,is this serious?
(Just got home from work.)
If it is then no fun for me any-more,I am crying into my porridge tomorrow morning if nobody lightens up!
51 of 62  -   Report This Post

terry

19th May 2011, 20:02
Tony,

Yes, I agree. Some of your appearances on 5@5 have attracted adverse comment from me (and others). Like your habit of posting early to say how the clues aren't bad, almost up to telegraph standard or such like. Then no more is heard from you - I expect duty calls,eh. As for posting the answers early, what can one say. One rule for you and one rule for the others seems to be your motto.

One reason to say the Listener,whatever can't be that hard is that you have still managed to post wrong answers on 5@5. All part of the learning curve I suppose.
52 of 62  -   Report This Post

tonyw

19th May 2011, 20:06
Just to let all know,Terry is replying to Tony
not me tonyw!
The replies crossed.
53 of 62  -   Report This Post

sallyw

19th May 2011, 20:34
tonyw we knew tho it can be occasionally confusing - like terry and Terry!
54 of 62  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th May 2011, 20:50
or... when I first came on this site I was terryvor and trevvy all over the place!

Was this a Freudian slip?

Or is that a petticoat?

who knows

p@
55 of 62  -   Report This Post

ab

19th May 2011, 21:03
Can I just say that I thought the judgement in the latest Eurovision Song Contest was not sound? I have studied music at quite an advanced level and the judging panels clearly possessed little musical intelligence.
The orchestration of the Azerbaijan entry "Runing Scared" was frankly bansl and the chorus of
"I'm running I'm scared tonight
I'm running I'm scared of breathing
Coz I adore you" did not conform to the strict rules of syntax.

I have written to the judging panels in the stiffest terms pointing out their many errors and enclosing a book of musical notation which they may find helpful.

56 of 62  -   Report This Post

sallyw

19th May 2011, 21:05
Well done AB! Standards must be STRICTLY adhered to or the world will stop turning.
57 of 62  -   Report This Post

tonyw

19th May 2011, 21:11
DO NOT KNOCK THE WINNERS.
I live in Enfield and they live not too far away.
They maybe Caucasian but they are also Palmersgreenian!
58 of 62  -   Report This Post

sorcha

19th May 2011, 23:42
Good God! Would you all get a sense of proportion and put this thread to bed?
59 of 62  -   Report This Post

mark

19th May 2011, 23:50
funny though.
60 of 62  -   Report This Post