CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

nimrod

22nd May 2011, 15:22
Good atfternoon to all,
Much later sitting down with the crosswords this week. Just finished DT crosswords as well; glad to see MONDRIAN making a guest appearance on 8D of the GK puzzle! On the RT puzzle liked 8A & 17D.I thought 15A was not a very good clue.
Old Gal, hope all goes well this week.
Regards,
NIMROD
21 of 29  -   Report This Post

chris4food

22nd May 2011, 17:11
Hello everyone - it's been quite a while since I've been on this site - visiting family and what not....
Sorry to hear about your hospitaisation, Old Gal - hope it's nothing too serious and you make a full and speedy recovery
I, too, struggled with 8a
Also 22a and 19d - can anyone offer additional help, please? Managed to finish 21 with these two exceptions
Regards to one and all
Chris
x
22 of 29  -   Report This Post

nimrod

22nd May 2011, 18:19
Chris4food,
19d; think an alternative word, coming from a French verb, for a meeting place.
22A; Flipping means to reverse - another word for a swarm to create a simpler word for congregate.
Regards,
NIMROD
23 of 29  -   Report This Post

chris4food

22nd May 2011, 23:20
Hi Nimrod, many thanks for the assist, but my French started and ended with 'non' - I'll ask one of my clever kids tomorrow, to see if they can help!!!
re 22a - I'd thought of flipping, as in reversing, and the only words I could think of for congregate were either mass or mill - and I can't see where the flipping comes into play... Oh, well, can't win them all...
Regards
Chris
24 of 29  -   Report This Post

chris4food

23rd May 2011, 14:31
Hi Nimrod [again!]
Woke up this morning - looked at the two remaining clues, and voila - all was revealed. So I don't know whether your help did the trick, but thanks once again
Regards
Chris
25 of 29  -   Report This Post

nimrod

23rd May 2011, 20:00
chris4food: Well done!Sometimes I find it helps to come back to a puzzle after a break, and the answers are obvious and staring you in the face.
Anyway, now it's finished you're just in time for the arrival of the next RT puzzle tomorrow!!
Regards,
NIMROD
26 of 29  -   Report This Post

thaumaturge

24th May 2011, 17:15
hello everyone. Can anyone give me a hint towards the answer of 1d. Its the only clue i've got left to solve and its driving me mad. The best I can come up with is ' itchy ' ( as in 'itching ' = keen ) . I'd be very grateful for any help
27 of 29  -   Report This Post

mandala

24th May 2011, 17:20
ITCHY is correct. Spiteful (BITCHY) without the first letter.
28 of 29  -   Report This Post

thaumaturge

25th May 2011, 12:46
many thanks - I can sleep easy now !
29 of 29  -   Report This Post