CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

13th May 2011, 15:09
Thanks Caravaggio and Nimrod. I managed to get 1D by looking the Dictionary for word beginning `came` and, of course, it is so obvious when one has the answer.

Re Dr Who. I wonder if there are any children who did not hide behind the sofa - I know mine did and if I had been watching it properly would probably have done likewise!!
21 of 26  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

13th May 2011, 16:12
Hi Mondrian,

Your response brought a smile to my face as I can recall my father trawling through a dictionary [Chambers] to find an obstinate word in a crossword. He was elated when I bought him a copy of Bradford's Crossword Key Dictionary but his patience has been passed to me through our genes - or otherwise - as I appreciate it's debatable whether certain traits of character can be passed on through our genes...

Kind regards,

Caravaggio
22 of 26  -   Report This Post

teapot

13th May 2011, 23:03
I have watched Dr Who from the outset and have never hidden behind the sofa, but there used to be a programme called'The Monster and the Ape' which had a robot and a gorilla in it- that used to send me down the cellar, never mind the sofa.
You really started something with your sofa, Old Gal. You sound as if you are keeping your pecker up. Still thinking about you.
23 of 26  -   Report This Post

charlies human

14th May 2011, 08:23
Saturday morning and I am still struggling! Everyone found No:20 fair going, I think, except me! And as I've been sailing through them recently I am feeling rather miffed. Completely stuck on 1a but after all your comments, people, I got 1d. And talking of hiding behind the sofa - I remember listening to Children's Hour on the old Home Service and being scared rigid by Mr Calamanco and his poisoned Sugar Plums. But today I'm off to the local Plant Sale and then into the country for Elderflowers to make the Cordial. Ptath to Crosswords!
24 of 26  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th May 2011, 17:39
Old Gal, I hope you are hanging on in there.

Best wishes.

We haven't heard from Wee Jock this week. I hope he is ok.

P
25 of 26  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th May 2011, 15:13
Caravaggio - your father seems to have done a good job in getting you into crosswords. Whatever would he have made of `Quick Solve`?

Hello Old gal - a very good if wettish afternoon to you from Strathclyde.

Pipesmoker. You are right we have not heard from Wee Jock for a while. But there are others who seem to be taking a break from us as well. Hope they all come back soon.
26 of 26  -   Report This Post