CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT18

old gal

27th April 2011, 22:32
Murphy - pleased about your friends and niece and many thanks for your posting! Reading things like this is a help for me at this stage. I, too, lived near the sea for while and would like nothing better now than to walk along Longsands beach with a stop at Crusoes for a cup of tea whilst watching the surfer lads.....
11 of 32  -   Report This Post

pastille

27th April 2011, 22:51
Old Gal,

Sorry to hear your news was not so good. But despite the fact that Nye Bevan would be turning in his grave at the current state of the N.H.S. things are still good.

I have just spent the last two days in Ninewells Teaching hospital,being a "simulated patient" for second year medical students...very baby doctors.

The whole experience was heart warming. Their Knowledge, dedication and enthusiasm was amazing. 99% of those young people will be a credit.

(but don't get me started on one young buck...he has to go into Surgery because his communication skills were appalling...in a sneering condescending way...I am still angry...whippersnapper!)

Anyway, we always hear about the "failures and mistakes" because they are more sensational than the good news stories.

Think positive,

Take care

p@
12 of 32  -   Report This Post

terry

27th April 2011, 22:55
Old Gal,

I'm not one of your group but I am sorry to hear your news. Like Murphy I have had people close to me go through the most testing times. Don't give up on yourself. I wish you well but more I wish you the will to fight.

terry.
13 of 32  -   Report This Post

fred

27th April 2011, 23:21
i cannot believe you are both still here
14 of 32  -   Report This Post

mark

28th April 2011, 00:08
old gal,
sorry to hear about your news,wish you well and you fred or whoever you are have some respect.
mark.
15 of 32  -   Report This Post

charlies human

28th April 2011, 09:09
Dear Old Gal - what a very difficult situation to be facing and the fact that so many others face it doesn't necessarily help! But yesterday I had a wonderful letter from a woman friend who has come out the other side of a tough year and who told of the incredible help and support she received from The Penny Brohn Cancer Centre. She also did a Transformational Course with 'More to Life' before her surgery which she said gave her the courage to accept her situation and face the future.
I hope you will be able to remain on-line with all of us from time to time; this is a great little community and there would not be one of us not thinking of you, sending you good wishes etc, and those of us who pray, praying for you. Charlie, believe it or not, was amazing to me when I was in a similar situation, so both of us will be rooting for you! CH.
16 of 32  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

28th April 2011, 09:49
Best wishes from me too, Old Gal. Remember that we are miles further ahead now than we were thirty years ago. The NHS is good. Doctors and Scientists are very clever, and they are all on your side. So are we.

Pipesmoker
17 of 32  -   Report This Post

brico

28th April 2011, 10:04
Had to call an ambulance last Monday due to breathing problems- probably the pollen etc. They were marvellous- an ECGD was done outside my house - the ambulance seems to have everything. May I join in good wishes for Old Gal - I feel sure you are in very good hands.Get in a 22a and have a good drink!!
18 of 32  -   Report This Post

thicko

28th April 2011, 11:40
Have I got the correct letters here to make the "WORDFINDER" as I cannot make head nor tail of it :- AYCACNDBS???????
19 of 32  -   Report This Post

tommo

28th April 2011, 11:54
Candy Cabs.
20 of 32  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT18