CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ixion

12th April 2011, 17:37
These seem a bit trickier than usual Jolan - lustier was the only one I could spot
11 of 29  -   Report This Post

siamcat

12th April 2011, 17:42
Oh dear

It never looks good when the only 2 answers you've managed to get have already been given!!!

Very well done Jolan, they've certainly foxed me this week.
12 of 29  -   Report This Post

terry

12th April 2011, 17:44
that's my bluff called then. I'm in the same boat as Ixion.
13 of 29  -   Report This Post

carol

12th April 2011, 18:08
To Jolan,
Your BOLD LETTER advice did not appear until after I posted my answer. That is why I did not post any more. I am new to this forum, but thanks to your unwarranted sarcasm I wont be back. By the way Ms Crossword compiler, the correct spelling is ENOUGH.
14 of 29  -   Report This Post

the judge

12th April 2011, 18:24
Good heavens Carol. Are you nuts? The bold-letter instructions are clearly given in the setting of the clues. How on earth can you have posted your answer before Jolan posted the clues?????????

As for sarcasm. I've never seen Jolan indulge in sarcasm and I've still not seen it. In fact, Jolan seems to have apologised just in case there was a time-zone problem. Typical politeness by Jolan
15 of 29  -   Report This Post

jolan

12th April 2011, 18:33
Gosh TJ, my blushes are terrible to behold. Of course I never meant to hurt Carol.

Sorry, guys. I made them a little harder this week in case 'you know who' reared his ugly head again. Let's now assume you've got some crossing words.

No. 2 should have been obtained without lettere but:- ??i?-?a??e?

No.4.This one really needs some letters
???o?s?i??a???

No. 5. Hmm! ?e???e ??c?a??e (very cryptic)
16 of 29  -   Report This Post

carol

12th April 2011, 18:38
The Judge, the bold lettering was posted after the clues. Jolan may be polite but her reply oozes sarcasm. I came on this forum on saturday for the first time because I love crosswords. I haven't yet had to ask for help but have been happy to offer it. Perhaps I shouldn't answer questions from someone who goes for din-dins. How old is she 5! By the way Judge that was a classic example of sarcasm. Please note I use my real name I do not hide behind a nom-de-plume.
17 of 29  -   Report This Post

mary

12th April 2011, 18:40
Carol, just relax! This is an amazing forum, with terribly clever people out there, am sure you maybe one of them. Just READ the thread. Its not too diffucult to follow the rules.
18 of 29  -   Report This Post

terry

12th April 2011, 18:42
Carol,
Are you barking mad or what?
19 of 29  -   Report This Post

ixion

12th April 2011, 18:44
5. needle exchange
20 of 29  -   Report This Post