CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

12th April 2011, 11:18
I set crossies just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few of my clues? Since they're new, no letters!

It’s been suggested that solutions are withheld till 5 pm to allow others to have a go.

1. Arbitrator loses the second electronic medical device (9)
2. A tale of terror about a Native American warrior? (4-6)
3. Stronger beers leave the burliest seer slaughtered (7)
4. Criminal is powerless to detain prisoner with child (14)
5. Wind up traffic for the safety of trippers (6,8)

If the unfortunate spoiler posts, try to totally ignore the content - even if you're stuck for a solution. It will be a good discipline.
1 of 29  -   Report This Post

carol

12th April 2011, 14:53
1.Pacemaker
2 of 29  -   Report This Post

jude

12th April 2011, 15:31
Jolan could you please tell me what a spoiler post is as I have not used this site for long and dont know the jargon
3 of 29  -   Report This Post

jolan

12th April 2011, 15:47
Hi Jude and you are welcome.

I'm glad you asked, shortly after Carol was obliging enouguh to set up an example of a 'spoiler'.

In order to allow as many people who wish to have a go at solving a 'cold' clue (without any letters given) I SPECIFICALLY asked contributors, in BOLD letters to hold back any answers until after 5 pm.

Some on the non-regular people on this site are so absolutely brilliant that they simply MUST post their answers before anyone else. To show how wonderfully clever they are? Who knows!

Perhaps Carol is not one of those. Perhaps she missed the BOLD-LETTERED request.

Anyway, that's what a 'spoiler' is.
4 of 29  -   Report This Post

jolan

12th April 2011, 15:55
I may owe Carol an apology. I should have specified 5 pm BST (currently one hour ahead of GMT) as we have contributors from many places, perhaps other time zones.
5 of 29  -   Report This Post

terry

12th April 2011, 17:22
I'll kick off then. 3. Lustier.
6 of 29  -   Report This Post

jude

12th April 2011, 17:22
Jolan
Thank you for your explanation I must confess I was a spoiler but in future I will do as you are always told to do for an exam read the question thoroughly. Thankyou
7 of 29  -   Report This Post

mary

12th April 2011, 17:24
Please where are all those very clever people out there with the answers, cant wait to see them, no good taking the (2nd letter) R out of arbitrator is there! Jolan you are amazing!
8 of 29  -   Report This Post

jolan

12th April 2011, 17:25
Good man Terry. Lustier it is. Carol got no. 1 (if a bit early). I'm off to have din-dins now. I feel sure Chrisg will soon appear with full explanations (hopefully). See you ltr
9 of 29  -   Report This Post

jolan

12th April 2011, 17:26
and Mary
Carol took the second letter out of peacemaker = arbitrator much earlier. Nice to hear from you. Go to it!
10 of 29  -   Report This Post