CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jack

27th March 2011, 18:07
Good tip, thanks. I am going offshore this week and have printed off quite a few to take wih me.
21 of 33  -   Report This Post

terry

27th March 2011, 18:23
How did I miss this. On second thoughts I didn't. It's all been said before hasn't it. But why does moaning about his crosswords get interpreted by his fans as attacking the man. And if non-fans think his crosswords are rubbish who is it who is forcing them to do them.
22 of 33  -   Report This Post

terry

27th March 2011, 19:09
Having looked at Cafca's original post I would like to retract what I said. Hard not to see it as an attack on the man.
23 of 33  -   Report This Post

trevor

27th March 2011, 22:49
heres a new angle,
Colin Dexter,shit or what?

(my opinions - when i have any - don't necessarily reflect those of Cafca).
24 of 33  -   Report This Post

jack

28th March 2011, 01:01
I think Araucaria is a good setter, but often obscure, and I think, unfair, at times with his construction of clues. I much prefer the Times setters and their puzzles. trevor, as often, is talking nonsense.
25 of 33  -   Report This Post

samak

28th March 2011, 01:17
Have to agree that Araucaria seems to try to be obscure. Just finished one that had "sleekit" and "otho" as 2 of the answers. These do seem to be unnecessarily obscure.
No need to personally attack the man though...
26 of 33  -   Report This Post

terry

28th March 2011, 01:18
I agree with trevor. Colin Dexter is shit. Morse really is rubbish. Lewis isn't much better.
27 of 33  -   Report This Post

trevor

28th March 2011, 01:23
thank you for that jack.
i don't know how i got through my days without your fascinating view of things,you.....um....prefer the times eh?.....er...unfair...constru.....

i just asked a question in response to cafkakas post.you answer his drivel and call me nonsensical,albeit in a riveting manner.thank the lord for jack.
28 of 33  -   Report This Post

jack

28th March 2011, 01:48
As ever, you talk piffle, trevor. We think you are incredibly dense. Good night.
29 of 33  -   Report This Post

trevor

28th March 2011, 01:56
can't fault you there jack.nightynight - to both of you.

(the old cockerney jack and danny?)
30 of 33  -   Report This Post