CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dylan

7th March 2011, 10:21
This week I have no access to the puzzle,with or without grid,so I shall never understand the sense of this thread.When does honourable asking for assistance turn into dishonourable cheating?Surely if there is anything worse than an online cheat it's an online coward.By that I mean that small but persistent minority of contributors to this forum who vent their wrath anonymously.Certain comments to be read here would never have been expressed in the pub or anywhere else for fear of retaliation.On top of this my local paper has managed to publish the wrong grid and forgotten to supply the answers.Enough to drive me back to gardening.Nevertheless a genuine thank-you to those who help sincerely without showing their superiority complexes.Perhaps we could all agree on a certain code of conduct here?I was not used to forums,but what I witness here (not always,but partly)I find nothing less than shameful.
41 of 44  -   Report This Post

turast

7th March 2011, 12:13
"When does honourable asking for assistance turn into dishonourable cheating?" Only the individual will know, of course. However, the basic question remains. What is the point of so-called "solving", when it is being done by somebody else? If people are really only interested in finding out the answer, why not wait until the solution is published next week? TREVOR. It would be nice to think that the increase in requests for help with the weekend cryptics was down to their greater level of difficulty, or to the fact that more people put aside time for solving on Saturdays and Sundays. This misguided soul who has posted all the answers at once is only cutting to the chase, as often they all end up here on line anyway. Indeed if the "You don't have to look" lobby are right, it would solve a lot of time and effort for many people, if this mass publication of the answers was posted every week with an obvious SPOILER ALERT.
42 of 44  -   Report This Post

sallyw

7th March 2011, 12:30
When did a harmless hobby turn into a subject for major philosophical debate chaps? Even if we disagree with others on the forum can't we at least refrain from being abusive? People do hide behind anonymity on many internet forums, but that doesn't make it right. And as for the person or persons who seem to find delight in impersonating other people on this site, it's not big, it's not clever and it's mostly not amusing.
43 of 44  -   Report This Post

fred

14th April 2011, 07:34
now children, grow up please!
44 of 44  -   Report This Post