CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

no grid

6th March 2011, 21:42
Apologies - I wasn't thinking straight

I thought people might enjoy having access to the Sunday Times crossword early - but couldn't copy the grid
31 of 44  -   Report This Post

don't do it again!

6th March 2011, 22:04
Accepted but don't do it again - 8am is soon enough. I prefer to work out the answers myself until I'm well and truly stuck - didn't appreciate being met with an almost entirely completed crossword by one smart arse.
32 of 44  -   Report This Post

alf wit

6th March 2011, 23:52
To 'Dont Do It Again'
Buy a decent dictionary, dont look at this CHEATS site & use your cryptic brain(cell) if you are so smart!!!
33 of 44  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

7th March 2011, 00:19
didn't appreciate being met with an almost entirely completed crossword by one smart arse
That was the eleventh post, which appeared on the second page of the thread. Just how slow on the uptake are you?
34 of 44  -   Report This Post

alf wit

7th March 2011, 00:27
Bullfrog:
Ribbit-Ribbit
You SHOULDNOT have looked, unless you were also trying to CHEAT!!!
35 of 44  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

7th March 2011, 00:32
Alf Wit -- I can hardly be cheating since I don't even do this crossword. I wouldn't waste my money on a Murdoch paper.
36 of 44  -   Report This Post

q

7th March 2011, 00:34
i feel sorry for terry could of been blamed for two posts he did not start
37 of 44  -   Report This Post

q

7th March 2011, 00:46
ALFIT dont ever accuse the Bullfrog of cheating
38 of 44  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

7th March 2011, 02:23
Although I wouldn't have expressed it in the same terms as some here, I do believe that this is the inevitable consequence of what has been happening on this site for quite a while now. That is, by the end of Sunday, virtually every answer to the Sunday Times and the Observer Everyman is published. These are about as easy as any prize cryptic crosswords could be. Although the prizes are pretty insignificant, the principal of "solving", should, in my view remain a contest between individual solver and the setter. So, what this cyber-sabotager is doing is actually shortening a process which happens anyway. Incidentally I strongly believe that this is not terry, but somebody who has noticed his vigorous defence of his own views as to how the site should operate, i.e. that all should be free to ask for and give answers. He is entirely entitled to this view and I fully understand his desire to help people get started on our harmless little hobby. This relies on people being honourable about submitting entries with which they have had help. The proliferation of requests for help with prize crosswords at the weekend would seem to indicate that most people are seeking "completion" in order to submit. I'm afraid this grates with many people, myself included, because, not only is it a form of cheating, it is not going to enable those who do constantly seek answers to improve as solvers in their own right.
39 of 44  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th March 2011, 04:31
The 'proliferation of requests for help with prize crosswords at the weekend'
does tend to coincide with the proliferation of prize crosswords at the weekend.
40 of 44  -   Report This Post