CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

twm

7th March 2011, 13:55
Bonjour - if anyone is still on this thread!

I got most of the answers and enjoyed getting them but have just turned to the site for help with the bottom right-hand side.
There appear to be 2 answers for B. I have the oyster one but not the other. I can come up with a popular name, but expect it's something more compex? And I appear to need to put the 'city of gold' answer in twice, across and down, with the A being common to both. Is that wrong?

I think Gilliandia (?) may have meant that Alcop would give A lop + C for cop, but Alcop isn't a term I recognise..
61 of 70  -   Report This Post

ajt

7th March 2011, 14:00
Hello Twm - I don't know if I'll remember all that! There are two answers - in different places - for B. For the 5-letter one - a hint. When the Guardian is used in a clue from that paper, it usually means "we" or "us".

The city of gold clue is only entered once.
62 of 70  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th March 2011, 14:04
Twm

The surname is an Irish novelist(and a host of Bullseye!)
63 of 70  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th March 2011, 14:08
Looks like you had the wrong surname - your down one starts with "W"
64 of 70  -   Report This Post

twm

7th March 2011, 15:43
Thank you, AJT and Ixion.

I did originally have the W answer but then, when I swopped to a cleaner grid, forgot to put that in, so I had no W at all. I see the answer which I lacked, with the 'we' - it is all now wrapped up.
Many Thanks once more.
65 of 70  -   Report This Post

henny

7th March 2011, 17:07
I am stuck with P, have all grid filled but this. Can you help?
66 of 70  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th March 2011, 17:29
another word for an artist
67 of 70  -   Report This Post

henny

7th March 2011, 18:06
Thanks. I had spelt the answer to L wrong which threw me. All done
68 of 70  -   Report This Post

ajt

7th March 2011, 23:44
I write this to point you all in the direction of the Guardian crossword editor's monthly letter, in which he gives news of some of Araucaria's 90th Birthday celebrations.

He also apologises for a mistake in the A clue of the master's alphabetical puzzle which is the basis of this thread. It should have read 7 instead of 7,5.
69 of 70  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

8th March 2011, 18:02
Only got to this today so am a bit late with a comment but enjoyed it. I like these jigsaw ones but C bothered me - green head is not really a definition or am I being too picky?
70 of 70  -   Report This Post