CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

27th February 2011, 11:19
Silly boy

I don't understand it. How do you know it's blocking a virus? I hate my 2011 free AVG because it's slowed down my computer something rotten but it's set to scan daily so seems to be doing its job.

So far.

Please tell me what it is that you see which I don't!
21 of 42  -   Report This Post

silly boy

27th February 2011, 11:35
AVG throws up a warning box telling me a threat has been blocked. It gives a file name and a threat name. It did it just as I read your posting. Doesn't seem to be affecting my PC at all ...... so far !
22 of 42  -   Report This Post

beejay

27th February 2011, 11:36
Just logged onto this site and Kaspersky isolated a Trojan. Anybody running without internet security software is asking for trouble. Personally I run Kaspersky on one machine and AVG PRO on another, both paid for. REMEMBER THE FREE VERSIONS DO NOT RUN IN REAL TIME.
23 of 42  -   Report This Post

pedro

27th February 2011, 11:38
I have had a shtdown of thr page by Norton Antivirus, the programme shuts down the web page.
24 of 42  -   Report This Post

wendy

27th February 2011, 11:53
Thank you Silly Boy and Beejay.

I will be even more vigilant. My 2010 AVG Free was great but I can't say the same of this one. I'm damned if I'll pay for AVG after that - think I'll go back to Norton.

Talking of Norton, are we having Posts here from one or two of our Trolls? I recognise the signs.

Best Regards

Inspector Clouseau
25 of 42  -   Report This Post

jolan

27th February 2011, 12:06
I run Norton 2011/Win 7. I've had no warnings and ran a full scan yesterday with no alert resulting.

I HAVE noticed one recent change. If I'm typing a reply and click the top LHS arrow to look at something on the thread I am replying to, I find I cannot return to the reply page. On trying to do so the page 'drops out' (I lose the internet connection to the forum). This used not happen but it now happens every time I've tried it.
26 of 42  -   Report This Post

emf

27th February 2011, 12:14
so not just me then, i have been getting messages since yesterday, norton telling me they have blocked serious threat.
27 of 42  -   Report This Post

chald

27th February 2011, 12:16
Me too. Norton blocking attacks on my computer.
28 of 42  -   Report This Post

jonatale

27th February 2011, 12:21
I too have just had this same warning. I have Kaspersky, so was not too worried, however I logged out immediately and then went in again. No problem the second time.
29 of 42  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

27th February 2011, 12:25
AVG just came up with a warning while I was reading this message. I took a screenshot of it and saved it in my Dropbox. If you want to see what the warning looks like
Click here

30 of 42  -   Report This Post