CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

21st January 2011, 00:11
Hi Wendy
Got myself a copy of the FT by Cinephile from your link today, I do like the concept of the missing body parts, took me a bit to get to grips with it at first, but now am halfway through it.
Thought the body part in 1d was a bit tenuous, How regular are his crosswords?
31 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

21st January 2011, 00:39
Les - didn't you use Brow as a body part? (coupled with Eye,not browneye).
took me ages to get going on this one, and then - blam blam - all fell into place.
32 of 36  -   Report This Post

les40

21st January 2011, 01:22
Well, I've had a go at it and done OK, but can't seem to finish the bottom right corner.
Anyone who hasn't got a copy won't understand, but if you have, then am I right with these
19a) Legal. 25a) Epigene, 19d) Lotting ?. I have no idea with 10d and 11a. And I have answered 5d, but don't understand the (Hawk for Hamlet) bit .
Trevor, Are you still there to help please.
33 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

21st January 2011, 09:28
Quote from Hamlet "when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw. ...".
10d is one of the four Inns of Court.
11a was the last one that i got. 1st bit is Rd and the definition is 'was resented'.think of a joint on the bottom of your leg for a body part(maybe too much of a clue there).

you are so near with your other 3 that i mght as well just give the answers.
19a)Legit(i like that clue). 25a) Epigeal('as cure = 'eal - from heal), 19d) (blood)Letting.

for anybody reading this,giving the full clues doesn't really help.see here,
http://media.ft.com/cms/c7281892-18de-11e0-b7ee-00144feab49a.pdf
34 of 36  -   Report This Post

nadz

21st January 2011, 15:22
hey ,i can see you are crossword fans...why not try out our new crossword app http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/109063/christmas-incorporated
35 of 36  -   Report This Post

wendy

21st January 2011, 17:34
Hi Les,

Cinephile tends to appear once a week in the FT and once a week in the Guardian. Personally, I think as Araucaria (in the Guardian) he tends to be a bit more difficult but that could just me me. They are always a challenge but without that challenge, there's really not much point in doing it anyway, in my view!

He has published several books of puzzles which one can get from Amazon - I have them all but must admit, I don't always finish them!! Some are fiendishly difficult but are always guaranteed to pass an hour (or in my case two or three days!!)

I always write in pencil and beside me is an eraser and pencil sharpener to ensure that my brain (and my pencil) are sharply honed!!.

36 of 36  -   Report This Post