CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

8th January 2011, 11:51
I presume you are looking for the answer (not a hint). I suppose no letters, etc? Anyway:-
8A. POR ( CL + AI) MS
31 of 40  -   Report This Post

jolan

8th January 2011, 12:06
CU (BALI + B) RE = CUBA LIBRE
32 of 40  -   Report This Post

jolan

8th January 2011, 12:07
Of course, 8A should read PRO ..... MS
33 of 40  -   Report This Post

jolan

8th January 2011, 12:31
Coo! Please don't laugh!!
PEARL = stone and PEARL (& DEAN)ads at the movies.

PS. Are you there still?
34 of 40  -   Report This Post

navigator

8th January 2011, 14:20
Welcome Jolan. We help each other but we never ask for answers.
35 of 40  -   Report This Post

charlie's human

8th January 2011, 16:07
Well Hello Everyone - I think that I must be "in tune' with the compiler because I didn't find it difficult at all this week, though I hadn't thought of Dean's Partner being a stone so much as an accretion. Even so, I thoroughly enjoyed doing it and as my memory is getting holier and holier, in a manner of speaking of course, I find it very reassuring to be able to do any word puzzle at all! But one thing, I don't come onto this thread now until I've finished because I've noticed that a couple of people give the answers, which really spoils it for me, so I miss the conversation between everyone which so attracted me to this thread in the first place. Can't win 'em all, I suppose. However, Happy New Year to you all and Good Puzzling.
36 of 40  -   Report This Post

jolan

8th January 2011, 16:17
Gee guys! I didn't know you don't want answers on this thread. I don't receive the mag myself, so just solved them from the clues given. Sorry!
I'll butt out from now on. Happy solving.
37 of 40  -   Report This Post

charlie's human

8th January 2011, 18:06
Hi Jolan - Please don't butt out! I wasn't actually referring just to you, but having now read the whole thread I see that no-one else gave answers this week so you were entitled to think I did just mean you! I see from other threads that you do quite a lot of crosswords, and they do things differently elsewhere.....
38 of 40  -   Report This Post

nimrod

8th January 2011, 20:52
Good evening all.
Like Philip, I feel a bit left out and disappointed as no RT delivered as of today. None left in the local paper shop either. Obviously not too happy about situation. Like you Philip I can't get through to anybody on the so-called "helpline" - just a recorded message to let them know to extend your subscription by another week!
Caravaggio- congratulations to your son, Adam. You must be very proud of his achievement.
Hopefully, will join the thread next week, ikf RT arrives.
39 of 40  -   Report This Post

wee jock

8th January 2011, 21:37
HOWDY FOLKS
It's awhile since I looked in,and I'm glad things have been happening!
MONDRIAN. Sorry I spelt your name with an"a" last time(ARMD)and no I have'nt seen Jacky Kay's piece but I'll look her up. Crivens,A wisnae thinkin' o the Broons whan A scrived that, by the way,ken?TA!
CARAVAGGIO and TOMCAT.Are you not giving the clue 4d more credit than it is worth? Isn't just rather poor word play not up to the standard of his other clues? PRETTY= ------,TRAIN=train or train. Sorry nobody loves a smart alex!
CHARLIE'S HUMAN.Good on you girl!You are someone right on my wavelength who likes to keep your nose to the grindstone unto the end without outside help.I must say I did enjoy this one except for that aweful 13d. What's the point of doing crosswords if it's not to excercise the brain by trying toget inside the brain of the compiler, unless of course it's to win prizes but then who wants to win a crummy packet of porrige oats! I'll buy my own,thanks.

NUFF SAID

NIGHT ALL

WJ
40 of 40  -   Report This Post