CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

karen

5th January 2011, 20:53
Sorry,I wrote alludes,instead of eludes.Just noticed. Shame on me. However,got there!
11 of 40  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

5th January 2011, 21:53
You were kind enough to congratulate my son, Adam, on having handed in his thesis so you'll probably be pleased to know that, as a result of his viva voce this afternoon, he is now Dr Adam Caravaggio. I'll be back in due course...
12 of 40  -   Report This Post

wee jock

5th January 2011, 22:26
Hallo All,

It's nice to see everyone beavering away on this one,there a few tricky clues are'nt there but it's a good challange.I laughed at 7a and 8a and 5d got me for a while I have to admit that I'm stuck on 13d but Ido'nt want any help, I'll stick with it and that will finish the puzzle. Has anyone finished yet?

REGARDS
WJ
13 of 40  -   Report This Post

manadala

5th January 2011, 23:47
@WJ

Yes me!

@carravagio

Please pass on my congratulations to Adam. What will he do next? The Grand Tour perhaps.
14 of 40  -   Report This Post

mandala

5th January 2011, 23:48
If it helps anyone the Wordfinder is "The Sopranos"
15 of 40  -   Report This Post

crypto

6th January 2011, 10:52
Happy New Year everyone.

Found this one harder than average and like others resorted to google for help with 16a and 13d.
16 of 40  -   Report This Post

wee jock

6th January 2011, 13:00
JINGS AND HHELP MA BOAB!
At last, after much research,I finally got that bally bishop's cocktail clue! How obscure can a compiler get? Of course, it did'nt help that I'd spelt the newsreader's name incorrectly. NOW ICAN GET MY LIFE BACK!

WELL DONE to all who have finished and HANG ON IN THERE to those who have not.

And, apart from 13d, a special thanks to the compiler for an excellent crossword.

BEST REGARDS

WJ
17 of 40  -   Report This Post

old gal

6th January 2011, 16:03
Karen - if you look in again, can you please clear something up for me. I get the clue you gave re 5d being the Stephen Fry TV programme plus a word for sailor, but I get the answer to be 5 letters long which fits 6d whereas 5d has 6 letters and I have already got ---n-i which fits in with my other answers. I feel my RT has been tampered with and the clues 5 and 6d swapped over. Is my paranoia taking over - are 'they' out to get me.......
18 of 40  -   Report This Post

mondrian

6th January 2011, 16:35
I am so glad to read you many of you are struggling with this crossword. I certainly am and far too many blank spaces to even seek assistance yet.

Many congratulations to Dr Adam Caravaggio on his new status.
19 of 40  -   Report This Post

wee jock

6th January 2011, 16:49
Dear OLD GAL(For your eyes only)

I think you need to look at 11a again, there is no "n" in 5d.
Now look at 6d and think of the plural of a specific animal begining with a double letter,reverse and drop an "a"and you've got a word meaning "mini".

Nuff said at the moment.

REGARDS

WJ
20 of 40  -   Report This Post