CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

21st December 2010, 15:27
Feel quite happy this week. Only a few quick solutions. Hope you're not bored.
The last clue is of the "homophone type" (I've gathered)
31 of 38  -   Report This Post

terry

21st December 2010, 15:27
must be heigh ho then. sounds like hay hoe. again though,my dictionary doesn't really square with exhausted, tired yes.
32 of 38  -   Report This Post

jolan

21st December 2010, 15:39
Yep Terry HEIGH-HO
Below is a cut & paste from Chambers Dict

heigh-ho (interj) an exclamation expressive of weariness.

I used a bit of literary licence "heigh-ho!" = "I'm exhausted!"

Big Dave. Thanks for the invite. I've got your http/contact address now and will have a good look after Christmas. PS I use Antony Lewis's Crossword Compiler 7 (just for your info).

Thanks everyone for putting up with me and have a lovely holiday.
33 of 38  -   Report This Post

terry

21st December 2010, 15:46
Thanks Jolan,that was fun.
34 of 38  -   Report This Post

chrisg

21st December 2010, 16:29
Thanks Jolan..had fun with that lot !
35 of 38  -   Report This Post

big dave

21st December 2010, 16:49
@ Jolan

I also use Crossword Compiler (version 8.1) and the interactive versions of all of the puzzles are on Anthony Lewis's site.

Fell free to look at them - 46 so far!

http://crossword.info/BigDave/" target="_blank">Big Dave - Guest Puzzles
36 of 38  -   Report This Post

jolan

21st December 2010, 17:02
Great, Big Dave! I'll get in touch in the new year.
Hope no one will mind, but could I ask you a wee question. With Compiler X the files are held within the Crossword Complier folder. I want to access the files directly but can't find them. I'm using W7 64-bit. My crossword files are all there (and all open from within CC7) . If I type a file-name in the Start window the pathway is clearly shown C:\program files (x86)\ puzzles. But when I navigate there there are only about 6 sample crossword files there. No sign of my hundreds of files! Any ideas? I'll not be available for the rest of today. Thanking you in antissuepaper (lol). John
37 of 38  -   Report This Post

big dave

21st December 2010, 19:47
@ Jolan

Crossword Compiler saves new puzzles in the last directory that you used. You can see it from the "save as" dialogue by clicking on the down arrow to the right of the "save in:" box.

Alternatively, search "Computer" for "*.ccw".
38 of 38  -   Report This Post