CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mark1

17th December 2010, 07:37
I agree with Terry & Turast.
No-one should be begging for answers so soon & should at least give it a go first! If lost ask for hints in 3 weeks time!
11 of 52  -   Report This Post

silly boy

17th December 2010, 10:08
Thank you turast ...... yes I am attempting it ! Don't want answers yet though. ;o)
12 of 52  -   Report This Post

ruth

17th December 2010, 11:02
Hi turast (or any others willing to give tips).

I am confused about how to enter (or where) a 3 letter word like TAR (22)when the grid has no three letter spaces. Is it that a letter has to be added to the front or rear, and will this be made clear by the 'seasonal work'?
Am I correct in assuming that the work is a well known carol?
13 of 52  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

17th December 2010, 11:06
Hi Ruth - I think a letter has to be added (in the case of TAR) or taken away before the clues can be entered. It seems to be the same letter being added in each time and the same letter being taken. (I may be wrong though!) I haven't got the seasonal work yet!
14 of 52  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

17th December 2010, 11:08
Tar + extra letter goes in GRID B at 22a.
I think all 2nd parts of clues refer to GRID B and go in normal places. It's only GRID A clues which need to be sorted and placed like a jigsaw.
15 of 52  -   Report This Post

ruth

17th December 2010, 11:16
Thanks sudokulover.

Just so I understand - in 8a the first part of the clue( 5.3) starting with A goes in grid A in alphabetical order and the second part(7) beginning with U goes in Grid B at 8a with a letter added on?
16 of 52  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

17th December 2010, 11:21
Yes to the GRID B bit. For GRID A first of all solve all the clues. I then write them down on paper in groups according to how many letters. if you can find the 4 "10 letter clues" they should be placed first. These 4 clues all overlap so there's only one way they will fit in the grid. After that see what will fit where.
17 of 52  -   Report This Post

ruth

17th December 2010, 11:26
Thanks sudokulover - good tip.

18 of 52  -   Report This Post

diyman55

17th December 2010, 11:51
Could I please have a hint or clue for Grid A and Grid B clue:
Winning ball amid cheers, with aim somewhat awry, a rugby player's weaving inside - Grid A clue (2,2,1,5)
Grid B clue (6)
The Grid A clue possibly starts with "UP"
Thank you for any help
19 of 52  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

17th December 2010, 12:51
The A and B clues are separated between "somewhat" and "awry". The B clue is actually (3,3), not (6)
20 of 52  -   Report This Post