CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

just don't look at it

25th November 2010, 13:58
If you are wanting to complete a quiz unaided, then don't go looking for the answers on the internet.

This site is only seen by people choosing to look at it.

So George III and others, simply don't come here (or Answerbank or anywhere else on the web) looking for the answers.
11 of 27  -   Report This Post

george iii

25th November 2010, 14:06
I am perfectly capable of doing quizzes on my own and prize money is immaterial - no-one is going to get wealthy doing charity quizzes.

If you can't get an answer, why don't you leave the space blank and send your entry in anyway?

Any answer given on here (and other sites) is immediately in the public domain(with two months to go) and also opens the floodgates for the lazy quizzers.

If you can't do difficult quizzes, don't send for them!
12 of 27  -   Report This Post

lady bee

25th November 2010, 15:03
The big question, George III, is what are YOU doing on a question and answer site? As to your point that lazy quizzers are picking up answers that are in the public domain - well they're actually the losers as they're depriving themselves of that lovely moment when you've been working on a question for a while and suddenly the light goes off and'ping' you think of the answer. It's a fabulous feeling and they're not getting that.
13 of 27  -   Report This Post

george iii

25th November 2010, 16:08
Why bother doing a quiz for yourself when you can get a whole raft of people doing it for you.

Picture this:
1. Send £1 for quiz
2.Receive quiz in post
3.Wait around for a while
4.Harvest all the answers from the "helpful" people on answer sites
5.Send in quiz and keep fingers crossed.

I do try to defend quizzes from early asking because it does spoil the quiz for others and it puts potential buyers off so the charity/organisation suffers.

What the quizsetters feel about it I can only guess but I would be totally cheesed off seeing my hard work demolished in a short space of time.
14 of 27  -   Report This Post

lady bee

25th November 2010, 17:56
Don't you realize that the more you, and others like you, police the quiz sites and moan, the more others will answer questions. It's a bit like John Sargent and now Ann Widdecombe staying in Strictly - the more the judges moan at them, the more the public support and vote for them.

Actually, no question has yet been asked on here - cfac knew the answer but just wanted some help in figuring it all out.

You say that charities lose out because some people won't sent off for the quiz but, again, they don't have to look at these sites. Also people who might find cryptic quizzes hard and NOT send off for them, perhaps do so because they know they can get help. So it probably all equals out as far as the charities are concerned.
15 of 27  -   Report This Post

terry

25th November 2010, 18:09
Lady Bee,
Cfac didn't know that the answer he had was right. He/she wanted confirmation or the real answer.
All this really comes down to is that people who make an effort to do these things themselves think those who rely on others are cheats. It's a bit like passing your driving test. Do it honestly and feel proud. Get The Stig to take it for you and you are a fraud.
16 of 27  -   Report This Post

lady bee

26th November 2010, 08:23
What a stupid analogy!. It's a quiz for God's sake. And if you use google or any reference books to obtain answers, then that's a form of cheating, you haven't got the answer 100% by yourself.

And what are you doing on this site anyway?
17 of 27  -   Report This Post

why

26th November 2010, 09:22
Probably watching people like you come out with the same old excuse for ruining all the good quizzes
18 of 27  -   Report This Post

george iii

26th November 2010, 09:31
If you use google or reference books then YOU have the answers. Put it on a quiz site then everyone can get the answer without doing any work.

If you like stupid analogies, it is like cheering your own side for an scoring own goal!

What are you going to do when there are no quizzes left because the setters have given up in disgust?
19 of 27  -   Report This Post

lady bee

26th November 2010, 10:20
Once men have to bring football into an argument, you know they're desperate.

And how long has the Rainbow Quiz been going? Not exactly giving up in disgust.

No matter how many of you moan about answers being given on sites like this, it will continue to happen so you might as well 'save your breath' so to speak.

End of discussion.
20 of 27  -   Report This Post