CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

torvic

17th November 2010, 10:40
My previous post was meant to be funny, I hope it doesn't come accross as rude or terse. I don't know how to add smileys here.
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

nimrod

17th November 2010, 11:08
Thanks Navigator. The mending process is well under way. Normal service will soon be resumed.
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

mondrian

18th November 2010, 12:50
Nimrod - good to hear you are making progress. Nothing like a country walk to blow away the cobwebs.

I wish I could `see` the clever constructs of 20A Cleverly handle chap leaving complete works (6) and 18D Insubstantial weight ahead of game (5). I live in hope - the answer to a clue from 2 weeks ago only dawned on me yesterday when I was on the bus coming home!!

Rob the Rich - you told us once you lived in southwest area. Hope you have managed to avoid the torrential rain and flooding.

Will probably post again but have been a bit busy with getting paintings ready and delivered to Christmas exhibitions.
13 of 22  -   Report This Post

mondrian

18th November 2010, 12:58
Crypto. Thank you for your post on the previous thread re my query about ducal. That was the one that dawned on me on the bus yesterday!! Can you believe that? Also thanks for the explanation about `tier` from last weeks! I am so slow sometimes!!
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

karen

18th November 2010, 13:49
Hi Mondrian, 20a Cleverly handle chap,remove Man from manoeuvre= oeuvre (complete works of an artist ect)
18d W (weight)+ I spy (game) = insubstantial.
Hope that makes sense!
15 of 22  -   Report This Post

mondrian

18th November 2010, 18:37
Karen. Thanks, yes that does make sense but I would probably not have got those two answers. Crossword now complete but not sending in as I still haven`t got over the stamp costing 6 shillings and 5 pence in old money!!!
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

butterfly

19th November 2010, 09:54
Don't know what's happened to my copy this week - still haven't received it so getting withdrawal symptoms!! Hope it comes in todays post.
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

crypto

19th November 2010, 11:09
Just completed it. I've struggled now with the last 3 RT crosswords compared with say the previous 5 (I think I've done about 8 altogether).
Last clue I got was 5d - never heard of that sitcom. I can't really complain about the clues because they seem so obvious when I get the answers, I just don't seem to get on the compiler's wavelength.
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

butterfly

19th November 2010, 11:49
Still no RT this week. Rang them and for some unknown reason they have cancelled my subscription!!!!!!!
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

nimrod

20th November 2010, 09:56
Butterfly: That's a first!! In my experience companies either carry on with subscriptions when they have been cancelled or when the sum has been paid off!
Crypto: Clues have been different with a new compiler - stick with it!
20 of 22  -   Report This Post