CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emmajane

5th November 2010, 20:11
This Qfc quiz is no lottery as i remember only one person has ever scored 130 in this quiz. around 127-8 will win it most times.
41 of 91  -   Report This Post

quizaddict

5th November 2010, 20:26
And unlike most other quizzes as this one costs £7 I also dont think people see it as just a lottery
42 of 91  -   Report This Post

trevor

5th November 2010, 20:49
a bit cynical quizaddict?
people might regard the £7 as a donation rather than a punt on themselves to win.
43 of 91  -   Report This Post

quizaddict

5th November 2010, 21:02
It wasnt meant to be sorry
it was a follow on from the statement by someone else

"These quizzes are lotteries really"
44 of 91  -   Report This Post

terry

5th November 2010, 21:09
Do you think most entrants will say "here's a tenner,keep the change".
45 of 91  -   Report This Post

trevor

5th November 2010, 21:25
just out of interest,what are the prizes?
Unless they are out of this world i would think that most folks would donate any winnings back to the charity.
thats what happens at my local pub quiz and then you have to get a round in(winning eurovision,or the olympics might cost less).

oh dear,where was i,what was my point?

ah yes,are the prizes worth fighting for?
46 of 91  -   Report This Post

terry

5th November 2010, 21:29
I believe it is £100 for the winner. Profits to go to "Asthma UK". A lot of people from here probably think that's to do with research into heavy breathing - something they know about.
47 of 91  -   Report This Post

quizaddict

5th November 2010, 22:22
I just think too many people jump on the I am doing it for the charity bit but if thats the case why not do what you can. The need to finish it shows they want to win too so why not just be honest and admit that
48 of 91  -   Report This Post

trevor

6th November 2010, 05:24
Assma yUk, sounds like a good cause.
i always find myself sympathising with the previous poster about giving answers to a quiz(whoever that is and whatever they say).
i'fing hate that about me,what a wimp? spineless chimp!
im just glad that i don't really like quizzes anyway.
(maybe do a fun-run?)
49 of 91  -   Report This Post

bj

6th November 2010, 18:35
fred - intrigued by your comments. QFC is definitely not a lottery, but a brilliant quiz with a lot of effort going into setting it (not that other quiz setters don't put a lot of effort in as well). If, as you say, "people enter for the fun of answering the questions", why then do so many people have to ask for answers? If it's for fun, what's wrong with a blank space if you don't know the answer yourself? After all, the charity gets the money whether you have a full answer sheet or one with gaps.

Oh, and your somewhat childish comment about people not looking if they don't want to see the answer rather misses the point (as I'm sure you are aware). If you've worked hard to find an answer yourself, it is really annoying when someone just posts the question on a Q&A site and waits to be spoon fed the answer. I'm sure they get a lot of satisfaction from "working out" the answers that way!

50 of 91  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Dingbat