CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kitsune

28th April 2024, 12:03
Thank you all, I feel very silly not to have seen 42a.

Still struggling with the last of the trio but I'll slog on.
51 of 95  -   Report This Post

cruncher

28th April 2024, 12:15
Thanks for that nudge, Jack Aubrey. Google came up with someone completely different
52 of 95  -   Report This Post

gitto

28th April 2024, 12:30
Jack, I haven't got the ODQ, but I do have the Penguin dictionary of twentieth-century quotations, and it is in that - just a shame I didn't look it up!! I could, and have, kicked myself. Grrr.........
53 of 95  -   Report This Post

mullingar

28th April 2024, 12:37
I seem to be in the same position as some others on here. Fully parsed grid, three names involved in the longer cryptic representation of a well- known and fondly remembered 'event', another shorter representation of the same theme and a name in a column which looks like it should be involved but I cannot find any link to the theme and if that name is correct then I'm still one name short. My only other prospect is a film director... surely not
Any help would be much appreciated
54 of 95  -   Report This Post

cruncher

28th April 2024, 13:00
Closer but still stumped. Reckon I need to create a representation of the duo quote with 5, possibly 6 letters in a straight line but appear to have only one occurrence of a relevant letter and, even using non-contiguous cells, can't assemble the word I think I am looking for. Perhaps the word is not in English
55 of 95  -   Report This Post

gitto

28th April 2024, 13:14
Cruncher, if, as I did for a long time, think that the letter is Y, it isn't.

Mullingar, you are so close.............
56 of 95  -   Report This Post

cruncher

28th April 2024, 13:25
Indeed. ODQ to the rescue. Glad to see the back of that one tbh
57 of 95  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

28th April 2024, 14:32
Mullingar, you need to get unknotted, or so I hear.
58 of 95  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

28th April 2024, 14:43
After a great deal of staring, all I have is one birth surname (a fairly long name) of one half of a famous duo. Can’t find the other half of the duo in common or uncommon form, so wondering if I’m still on the wrong track entirely…
59 of 95  -   Report This Post

gitto

28th April 2024, 15:11
cm @59, the name you have is part of the trio and the other half of the duo you are thinking of isn't part of the trio in this crossword, although he was with two of the trio at that time. When the PDM comes I hope you realise what I mean.
60 of 95  -   Report This Post