CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

16th March 2024, 17:06
Sorry Roof, I see there is no 18d so I've probably explained a clue you'd already parsed.
31 of 37  -   Report This Post

brendan

16th March 2024, 17:07
Ah! I had the wrong crossword 😀
32 of 37  -   Report This Post

jono

16th March 2024, 17:15
Haha, yes we dipped into the Quick briefly. I like the Quick , it’s good practice for thinking of synonyms. Paul writes a good few of them and you can see his sense of humour poking through every now and again (well I think you can ;-)
I also like the “Sy” on a Saturday, though it’s very GK based.
33 of 37  -   Report This Post

roof

16th March 2024, 17:19
Hi Brendan

My cold is now on its 20th day and I'm coughing nicely, but at least I'm no longer feeling poorly. I did manage a trip to the theatre here in Exeter last night to see an interesting and very different version of The Importance of Being Earnest. I was worried my coughing would annoy people, but there was so much laughter and applause I managed to cough then. The group (Say it Again, Sorry) are on tour and if you can catch them I would recommend it.

Thanks for your explanation of 18ac. I did get it from an earlier thread.
34 of 37  -   Report This Post

minno

16th March 2024, 17:20
20d. Hmmm...

5a. I think it works if you put it a beach-combing, nautical wreckage context.
35 of 37  -   Report This Post

roof

16th March 2024, 19:38
Hi Jono

I'll check again. I assumed that was the answer. I'm finding the quick increasingly cryptic!

I did check and there it was! I should read the definitions more carefully - but there were a lot.
36 of 37  -   Report This Post

dhope

17th March 2024, 03:18
G’day all, slow start then was doing well but came to a halt with SW corner. Took a break for a walk and have finished.
FOI 14a
LOI 16d
COD 19d
Had first rain since I arrived in February which brought first mosquitoes out and of course first bites! As usual enjoyed the chat and hints on forum. Enjoy rest of your weekend.
37 of 37  -   Report This Post