CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jack aubrey

12th March 2024, 18:08
Thanks, Malone. I’ve been practising various things (dressing, making a cuppa etc) left handed. I’m encouraged that left-handed writing may be easier over time - mine is pretty illegible just now! I’ve been doing a fair bit of batch cooking and freezing but the appointment came at short notice so the stock is not as full as we’re likely to need. However, Simon’s post and the example of my extraordinary grandson (who has right hemiplegia yet is a remarkably skilled young sportsman) make me realise that my experience will be completely trivial by comparison.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

malone

12th March 2024, 18:16
Thanks, Jack. Glad to hear you are unlikely to starve. And I wouldn't call a six week recovery period 'trivial' - I expect you'll thole it out, but I don't think it'll be much fun.

PS I was stunned that my left-handed writing was actually legible - and I think that was mainly because I was doing only one letter at a time. I think it'd be a bit different if I tried to write normal words at normal speed!
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

mattrom

19th March 2024, 21:40
Jack, if it's not being too nosey, was your operation for Dupuytren's contracture?
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

19th March 2024, 21:49
Of course it’s not too nosey - and yes it was Dupuytrens.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

mattrom

19th March 2024, 23:24
When you mentioned the cast it rang a bell, as my sister had the same operation two weeks ago.
All the best for your recovery.
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

20th March 2024, 10:32
Thank you! And all the best to uor sister.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post