CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geting

9th February 2024, 19:08
Hi Chris, I hadn't noticed that. Yes it's Dutch
51 of 61  -   Report This Post

spikepunk

9th February 2024, 19:10
Nice one, Aristo! Tut-tut. Thanks, geting.
52 of 61  -   Report This Post

peterm

9th February 2024, 19:17
Well deserved, aristo. Thanks, geting.
53 of 61  -   Report This Post

mattrom

9th February 2024, 19:21
Well done, Aristo! Appreciated the votes from SS, Jono, and Buddy - also the likes fromTyke and Paul.
Thanks, Geting, for the challenge and the clips.
🎆 Happy Lunar New Year to all! 🐉
54 of 61  -   Report This Post

geeker

9th February 2024, 19:31
Well done, aristo! As mentioned above, I considered it a clear winner and conceded early.
Thanks to geting for challenge and hosting, grateful to paul for vote and jono for mention.
55 of 61  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th February 2024, 20:02
My, my. Thanks so much for the votes, geeker, peterm, mattrom, and spike, and for the prizes and great story, geting. The use of stiff one for rod may have been naughty but I was thinking of a drink for the surface read. Is that used in the UK? To knock back a stiff one?
If you’re a Swedish transplant, geeker, do you watch Donald Duck the day before Christmas. An incredibly bizarre custom.
I mentioned that we’d be going to Stockholm in April but the trip is now booked for June. Can’t wait. A wonderful city.
56 of 61  -   Report This Post

spikepunk

9th February 2024, 20:23
A stiff one is known as a drink of hard liquor in the UK, so yes.
57 of 61  -   Report This Post

geting

9th February 2024, 20:25
@aristo

Thankfully I haven't got into the habit. Stockholm in June is indeed beautiful. Welcome
58 of 61  -   Report This Post

geeker

9th February 2024, 20:54
aristo, I'm not a Swedish transplant...full US citizen and descent, though I'm seriously considering emigrating for off-topic reasons. ;-)
I have trouble watching animated cartoons...as an adult (oldster actually) I find them herky-jerky and irritating, though I did enjoy them as a kid. So Donald Duck is rarely on the menu.
59 of 61  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th February 2024, 21:59
geeker: Sorry! I meant geting. I think my phone might have “corrected” it. This is what I was referring to:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/sweden-christmas-donald-duck-television

I can’t stand anything done by Disney, and I’ve always been bewildered by all those people who make the pilgrimage to Orlando every year.
60 of 61  -   Report This Post