CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

graham9perkins

4th February 2024, 14:32
Thanks quisling, I see it now. Was being blocked by having sajou stuck in my head!
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

quisling

4th February 2024, 14:37
Yes, I realised just after my first response what you must have been thinking to get the J. A difficult rabbit-hole to escape from
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

eider

5th February 2024, 22:40
Could do with a hint I'm afraid! Have the grid complete, the unclueds entered and the instruction, but the 16 cells is driving me loopy. Am I looking for tiles?
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

quisling

5th February 2024, 23:03
You could say that. The number 16 has a significant property. And there’s a 90 degree symmetry in play, too
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

granama1

6th February 2024, 08:55
I finished this but was puzzled by the final across unclued. I assume it fits the set that the other unclueds don't. All I've found is a rather tentative link to something you might decorate a bathroom with if you wanted a rather 'organic' feel.
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

quisling

6th February 2024, 09:40
Assuming we’re talking about the same word, granama1 (pottery)), I thought it was slightly odd, in that the other unclued are examples of the groups, whereas in this case the group is an example of the unclued. But I’m sure it’s what is intended
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

granama1

6th February 2024, 11:11
That's the one Quisling. I imagine it wasn't easy to find a suitable 9 letter word that fitted the group which (by elimination) it must relate to.
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

6th February 2024, 17:59
Thanks to Kruger for an enjoyable challenge. Nice to see that the final highlighting gives an appropriate shape. I remember this being a favourite leisure activity of my parents.
18 of 18  -   Report This Post